Feeling disappointed.Pls help!

Hi fellow gymers!!

I am 35 F started with my weight loss journey 3 months ago and joined Cult. In 3 months my body fat percentage has come down to 37.4% from 39.4%. I workout 3-4 times per week and mostly HRX or strength+. Muscle mass has increased by 0.7 kg. Is this progress normal. I was expecting better. I do try to eat healthy mostly and meet my protien and calorie goals ( 1gram/kg, 1500 calories) almost daily. Please suggest if I should do something differently. Goal is to build muscle and look leaner.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

@justneverendingproblems21 Do not rely on any machine or calculator for calculation of body fat or muscle mass. They are not not accurate and can vary a lot.

Better would be to track your inches and weight regularly ( as frequently as possible) at same time of the day. Preferably in the morning on empty stomach.

Track your strength levels.

Take your pictures in the same lighting. They will help you to notice the changes.

Keep patience.

@justneverendingproblems21 The best way to track progress is the weighing machine sadly, but other metrics like your physique and your strength are also great options! Inches are fine but with all the protein and calories and all the numbers we do, I just can't be bothered to do any more numbers 😂

@nanalove Weighing machine is very inaccurate way to measure fat loss. I used to look very different at same weight than I look now. I used to have chubby chicks at my current weight. Now I have veins bulging out of my face at same weight. I didn't belive it myself when wife pulled out old pics from her phone.

@justneverendingproblems21 My personal experience with cult was bad because mostly workouts are endurance based and I didn’t find them stimulating enough for gaining muscle mass. So i would suggest do strength training sessions also and not the s&c one. Gym ones

@justneverendingproblems21 From what Ive seen in hrx classes, there’s not enough cardio for weight loss nor strength training for muscle gain in there. You’ll be more successful with a 3 day PPL program with intense cardio twice a week.

@justneverendingproblems21 I just calculated your TDEE. Your maintenance calories are itself 1500. So that explains why you are barely losing any weight. So you should not be going above 1250 calories.

Your case is tricky. Because I am seeing first time someone with a 1200 calories required for deficit. So you won't be able to do fat loss at normal speed. It will be slow for you. TBH your case is above the grade of this sub. I suggest you consult with a good nutritionist. You will have to increase your activity for better fat loss. Because you can't do much on diet.

Please start taking long walks daily.

Increase the protein min 1.2g-1.6g/kg bodyweight.

With a caloric intake of 1200-1300 and 10K steps daily. You should be able to lose 2-3kg fat per month.

Don't count fat loss by weight. The only sure way to track fat loss is by body measurements neck, hips and waist and by strength.

Back