Feeling discouraged

@eliiya I’m also vegetarian! Before covid I was very into the gym and I’ve taken a couple classes on nutrition in uni so I have a pretty good understanding on food and what I need to fuel my body, I haven’t tracked macros since I’ve been veg so maybe I’ll try it just to see but for the most part I have a pretty good idea. I love doing yoga at studios it’s just a bit pricey where I am so I stick to YouTube videos for Pilates/yoga. I do love breathing into it tho I do a lot of meditation as well :)

@crusader1 Same! I was always a conscious eater and had mandatory nutrition in college, but changing my protein source definitely adjusted the level of fats and carbs I was eating when I thought I was doing better. Three years in and I still log my food from time to time to make sure my macros are in check.

If you decide you want to try checking macros, I recommend Cronometer. The free version includes A LOT more info on vitamins and minerals, and the exercise calculator based on height, weight, activity level looks fairly accurate. Don't use it for calorie restrictions though, as there's no safe lower limit included (allows targets way below 1200/day).

I totally understand the price thing. Not sure where you live, but when I was in Dallas, it was easily 150/month on the lower end...

Do you happen to know an instructor who can analyze your form, and show you some modifications? Even a couple of sessions might help make the poses work better for you.

Okay, stopping now in case I'm being too pushy on this, if my advice isn't what you're looking for 😊 If that's the case, then I wish you the best!

@eliiya I started logging my food today in an app called my plate it said it works with Apple Watch so I just decided to use it instead of my fitness pal it seems pretty legit and I’ll take it from there, I’m probably eating way more fat than I think. I’m from Montreal and it’s around that or a bit more I do take 10$ classes from time to time tho and have taken a yoga Phys ed as one of my uni courses as well haha but I was planning on doing a couple classes throughout the winter break!:)

@crusader1 I would recommend Macrofactor if you can deal with counting calories as it will give you a very good idea of where exactly maintenance is, and whether you are eating at it.

@crusader1 Big question: Have you been taking "before" photos/keeping track with progress pics? If not, now is the time, and take another set of photos in a month. Be consistent with the clothes you're wearing, and the room and lighting you take the photos in, too.

Another point of data, have you been measuring yourself? If not, measure your arms, legs, basically any part of your body you're concerned with, and measure again in a month.

Your eyes and memory lie to you, and so can the weight on a scale. But properly-taken photos and measurements *will not lie*.

(this is from an easily-anxious person who needed the data to back up my positive changes because my brain was telling me nothing was working but in fact things were working all along)

@applegold Thank you for this! I did take measurements a couple weeks ago but I’m waiting until a month from then to measure again. I haven’t taken photos but I’m gonna start tomorrow and I guess take monthly. I do notice slight differences in my face and when I wear certain pants but it fluctuates so I’m discouraged

@crusader1 > I do notice slight differences in my face

This is awesome! Face gains are a great sign you're moving in the right direction.

I also agree with the other redditor, if you're not seeing a therapist you should try to see one if you're able.

@applegold Yea I do feel that I’m in the right direction just by forming healthier habits in general, not that I’m crazy unhealthy or even over weight I’d just like to lose 10 pounds but sustainably. I’m not sure about my resources for therapy as I haven’t looked into it. Im not rlly sure if I have an ED or anything I’ve just noticed my tendency to binge if I restrict but since I’ve become aware of the habit I have felt much more balanced