First Ever Open

entrylevel

About 9 months into CF. Come from a weight lifting back ground. 325 Bench, 505 DL, 485 Squat.

28 M/5’11”/230 LBs.

I literally figured out how to do 10ish DU unbroken last week. Decided to give 24.2 a go RX and I managed 4 RDs + 25. I spent FOREVER on the DU getting anywhere from 3-10 per attempt, but I’m pleased with myself. I could’ve done 7+ rounds of singles, but I feel much more fulfilled doing the doubles. 24.1 I RX’d and finished in 14:55. It excites me to see how I’ve done through my first 2 open workouts. A year ago, I wouldn’t of finished 24.1 and I’m not sure I could’ve done 1 DU. I already want to fast forward to next year to see my progress!

@entrylevel Well done! It’s always fantastic to see the progress you’ve made!

I was in the same DU situation as you and ground it out and RX’d it and I’m glad I did

@entrylevel You and I are same background, it’s like I’m talking to myself haha. Same as you, but I’m 5’7” and now 214 (I was 233 when I started CF in Aug) and I got 3 rounds and 20 Dubs! Hahaha I so did 600 singles to the 170 dubs I got lol.

Rowing and deadlifts were solid for me. Been working hard since 24.2 to get more consistent on my Dubs! ✋to another rookie doing his first open.

@entrylevel Nice man those are real solid lifting numbers. Depends on what how good at CF you want to be but if you’re willing to sacrifice a little top end strength numbers and drop some weight you’ll definitely improve tremendously. At 5’11 230 a lot of the gymnastics and some engine numbers will suffer but get down to about 215- 210 and you really see a difference

Back