Fucked Up Posture due to Desk Job. Is there a solution?

@withwonderingawe Sounds like you're thinking about it right, but I'll toss my anecdote in the mix. Make of it what you will. My posture unintentionally improved a ton after resistance training (weights for me). Rows, deadlifts, pullups, rear flys and all of that just makes it stronger and tighter so I don't have to think about my posture and people often comment that it's unusually good. I also recently started using a standing desk which I bet will help too (it's a Flexispot, and I like it).

@withwonderingawe Pilates and Yoga will help. Sounds wishy-washy but if you’ve never done a Pilates class it’ll hit muscles you didn’t even know you had. Never seen a Pilates instructor with poor posture.

@teelea68 imo (not an expert at all) for most posture issues you don't want pushups or biceps, you want to strengthen back muscles, so number one imo is pull-ups or rows, then deadlifts or other hip hinge movements like kettle bell thrusts or one leg deadlifts

@withwonderingawe I would add some hangs to this + balanced strength training, posture is also something you have to be conscious of throughout the day, this is the best way to train your postural muscles ultimately..

@withwonderingawe I have no good advise, just saying kudos to catching this at the bad posture stage, and not the going-to-the-emergency-room-for-chronic-pain phase :D

My experience was that it didn't take long for results once I committed to regular workouts multiple times a week, and then the trick was maintaining the routine. You simply can't stop, your "normal" life got you this way, so you must change your living.