Gaining weight on a caloric deficit. HELP!

@activatedalmond This is too short of a time period to really have any significant value. It is most likely just water fluctuation. You need to take multiple weights from the week and average them out to get your weight. I can wake up one day and be a lb above what I was 2 days before even though I'm at a 1k caloric deficit. Then 2 days later weigh a lb less. Give it about 2 weeks of averaging your weights. Also make sure you're measuring every single thing that goes into your body. A lot people think they are at a caloric deficit but in reality are eating 600-1k calories more than what they actually are just because they aren't measuring everything correctly or just not counting certain things like oils, seeds, or condiments at all. Which are all calorie dense foods in very small amounts.

@tri21mom I definitely agree that it’s been too short of a time period. I’m just stressing and overthinking the number on the scale on the day-to-day. Now that I’ve been reading replies I have been relieved of my stress in regards to my weight.

I’ll be averaging soon, thanks for the help

@activatedalmond As I’ve lost 150 pounds I noticed that there’s just soooooo much variation in overall water and glycogen. Greg doucette always mentions how it’s 3% of your weight. Sometimes your body just stalls at a certain weight for weeks before it evens out mathematically to what you believe it should be based on the deficit you’re running. After 18 months of cutting with a goal of 1% loss of my body weight with an evolving decreasing TDEE my weight loss should’ve been perfectly linear. It’s not. My weight loss looks more like a staircase. Just ride it out

Back