Gear Q: What brand of shorts people wear?

annajames2050

Looking to get some new shorts, looking for suggestions. A buddy of mine told me to check out Ten Thousand Interval shorts. Wondering if anyone else has any shorts that they absolutely love?

@annajames2050 Ten K Interval, Rhone Mako, Lulu T.H.E. Short...

These are my favorites. Have a couple pairs of each, but I wait for a sale or a closeout deal. Ten K are the hardest to get on sale but you do find them and there's also a double up coupon code and/or 10% off floating around. Rhone does good closeouts a couple times a year. Lulu I hit the outlets for. Also heard good things about Vuori but no direct experience.

@annajames2050 Cheap: Target’s All in Motion running shorts. Comfortable and come in 5” inseam for short dudes like me (I’m 5’6”).

Pricey: Chubbies training shorts. Comfortable liner, stretchy, has pockets, and cool (at least not boring) liner designs.

@annajames2050 I like the basic Hylete short but they are expensive. They used to run good deals years ago where you got a flat % off entire order for every dollar amount you spent so you could buy a bunch at once and then price was good. I think they stopped doing that now… but all the shorts I’ve bought from them have held up after 5+ years.

@annajames2050 This question is frequently posted and without fail, responses include Ten Thousand, Lulu, Hylete, Birddog and Vuori, with insults thrown at Reebok CF apparel for good measure. I always read the answers and roll my eyes. FF a year back I saw Vuori mentioned one time too many, so I took the plunge and bought a single pair. They are hands down the best product ever. I now own 3 pair of the 5" Kore Short, 4 pair of the 7" Kore Short and 6 pairs of the Ponto Short. I spoke with a Vuori rep at an event this past weekend and asked which customer the Stockton Short was targeting, he told me they are made with Crossfit athletes in mind. So I'll get a pair of those next.

The tag on the shorts says something like "So comfortable you'll never want to take them off" and that about sums it up. Quality and comfort wise, they make Lululemon feel and look like Target branded product.

@samerobert I have a few pairs of chubbies and love them, but damn did I buy a pair of the Ponto shorts and am obsessed. Went back and got a pair of Ponto pants and the sweatshirt. Amazing clothes.

@bornagainman I bought the Ponto Pant but am unsure about it for me. It looks good on everyone else though. But I'm a total shorts guy. The liner on the Kore Short is unlike anything you've ever worn. Like cashmere boxer briefs.

@samerobert Right on. I was skeptical about the opening for for the pants, thought they’d be kind of straight-leg and yoga-ish, but I was wrong and they won me over. I haven’t tried out any of their other shorts, but I’ll definitely check out the Kore and Stockton now.

@annajames2050 Running / lighter barbell / gymnastic type workouts: Lululemon Pace Break 7" , Surge 6" , Ten Thousand Session is pretty good, but below the Lulus (all with built in liner preferred)

Heavy barbell: Lululemon THE Short 7", Nobull Lightweight 7", Ten Thousand Interval (all without built in Liner)

*Prefer heavy leg days with Underarmour Coreshorts Pro, best compression shorts for hip stability

Back