Good Calisthenics/Bodyweight eBooks to read?

lmccloud

Flying transcontinental from the midwest US to the Philippines. Will be quite a long-ass trip. Any recommendations?

@lmccloud Hey, I've heard great things about Overcoming Gravity by our very own mod, /@deborah123. Probably worth a look. Plus you can always contact the author directly on his subreddit (or even on our IRC chan sometimes) with any questions. He is friendly and quite helpful!

Enjoy your trip!

@shediac /r/overcominggravity - sub in question.

The deleted person makes a very good point - Steven Low(/@deborah123) is very helpful and active with questions. The book itself is great, but having clarifications from the author himself makes it amazing.

@lmccloud I have read Convict Conditioning 1 & 2, Building the Gymnastic Body, The Naked Warrior and Overcoming Gravity, all from cover to end.

Building the Gymnastic Body is a good exercise ressource. If you want to develop a good understanding of bodyweight strength training as well as injury prevention and how to integrate them in a routine, I can only recommend Overcoming Gravity. Best bodyweight training book ever if you ask me.

@lmccloud Be sure to look at Amazon's kindle book offferings. Many of the over priced Tsatsouline books are much more reasonable as ebook. Naked Warrior paperback is $23, kindle is $5. Power To The People is $3. People complain about NW as only having 2 exercises. The point of the book is to teach the use of tension to help any exercise. He chose one arm pushup and pistols. Power to People is just deadlift and one arm press, but like NW, also gets into strength techniques.

@dawn16 I have building the gymnastic body. It has a lot of good static exercises along with 3 or more progressions. Also contains strength exercises, tips and progressions.

Was a little disappointed with some of the pictures and descriptions - I found random youtube videos with more in depth, useful explanations- and also the fact the author recommends another book written by himself that hasn't even been released!

Good book though and it also gives you various training regimes in which you can mix static and strength. You can find it for free download easily though. I'm sure there will be better books out there though.

@jodee61 I didn't like it. Very basic introductory book that would be fine if you ignored everything available for free. Save the $10 on the ebook version and just look at the recommended routine here.