Got some question about my current bodyweight routine, any answer will be appreciated

korni

Hi everyone, 23 yo male here. I had been lifting weights for 1 year, then I decided to switch to Calisthenics. Actually, I’m not really interested in skills and whatnot, just really like the old street workout and keeping things simple. My main goal is to stay lean, in shape and healthy. Infact, I also do kickboxing 2/week and run a few miles 1/2/week.

My current physique is the following (5'9"/143-147 lbs/no idea of the BF)
I did the RR for a few months, although I was already able to do dips and pull-ups due to my weightlifting times. Right now I’m able to do about 12 slow pull-ups in a row and 20/22 dips. I’d like to share my adjusted routine with you all. It is based on 3 days a week, typically M/W/F.

Mon

Push ups 4x8-12 (2 regular, 1 decline, 1 diamond),

Dips 3x8-12,

Reverse flies 2x8-12,

Pull ups 4x8-12 (2 regular, 1 hammer, 1 chin up),

Bodyrows 3x8-12 (regular grip)

Wed

Push ups 5x8-12 (2 regular, 1 wide, 2 diamond),

Dips 3x8-12,

Pull ups 5x8-12 (2 regular, 1 neutral, 2 chin ups),

Bodyrows 3x8-12 (on TRX),

Supermans 2x8-12

Fri

Push ups 4x8-12 (2 regular, 1 decline, 1 diamond),

Dips 3x8-12,

TRX reverse flies 2x8-12,

Pull ups 4x8-12 (2 regular, 1 hammer, 1 chin up),

Bodyrows 3x8-12 (wide grip),

Supermans 2x8-12

I usually do abs in the morning, 5/week, several different types.

I might want to pair up some excercises like in the RR, haven’t decided yet. I don’t weight my push ups, pull ups and dips, not into it. Each excercise is performed bodyweight only. I don’t train legs anymore. Don’t judge me: my lower body is way more developed than my upper one, because of both genetics and lot of soccer when I was younger. Plus, I already use legs when I kickbox.
  1. I've tried to keep push and pull excercises really balanced, have I done the same with anterior and rear delts? I’m really aware of the issues unbalance can bring, and is the medial delt stimulated rather well with the reverse flies?
  2. My chest has always been my lacking part, so I was thinking of supersetting 2 sets of pushups with cable crossovers: will it be too much volume to handle or will it be just fine? I’d do that only 2 days out of 3.
Thank you in advance and happy new year!

@harkness Keep grinding. I achieved my all time record while working from home by doing 3 pullups every hour and sometimes every 30 minutes for 8-14 hours.

You could do banded pullups like this to reduce the weight and you'll blow that number up.