Got some question about my current bodyweight routine, any answer will be appreciated

@dawn16 Thank you man. Regarding chest, I read pretty much everywhere here on Reddit that diamond push ups work your chest well in addition to target your triceps really good. Is this true? Cause when I perform them I never feel my chest, only the tri’s.

@korni No problem my friend. That is correct, diamond push-ups are good for hitting your inner chest but the movement is primarily for your triceps.

Strong triceps will improve your overall pushing game which will allow you to increase volume which will benefit your chest.

@dawn16 Forgot to ask you something man. I usually workout on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and do kickboxing on Monday and Friday. At the kickboxing class we do like 3-4 sets of 10/15 push ups done at a very fast pace as a part of the conditioning workout: will this interfere with my muscle recovery or is it too little to make a difference? I obviously don’t feel my pecs tired after this.

@korni It depends on the intensity and how close you get to failure. Say if 15 is the absolutely max amount of push-ups you can do, the push-ups you do at kicking boxing will take you to or very close to failure and your muscles will need time to recover.

Say your max is like 30, 15 is nowhere near so 3/4 sets will have little impact on your recovery.

I regularly do 100 push-ups on a morning broken down into 4 sets of 25, my max is around 60 so doing that on a morning isn’t intense enough to cause soreness/require time off to recover.

All depends on the intensity.

@korni I don't understand. You can do 22 dips and yet you only do 8-12 in a set? And you do sets of 8-12 regular pushups when you obviously can do way more than 22? This won't help with anything. You need to choose exercises that challenge you.

@dawn16 Thank you! Mainly increasing reps, I’m not planning to increase the number of sets since the volume is not low or do weighted stuff. Muscle ups and straight bar dips are two excercises I will definitely add to this routine when I’m able to master them though.

@gtepait Mainly staying healthy, lean and in shape. I wouldn’t mind became a little bigger too as I increase the reps (i.e. right now I perform 4x9-9-8-7 pullups, I aim to be able to perform 4x12-12-12-12). I’m planning to add muscle ups and straight bar dips as well as soon as I’m able to master them properly.

@korni In order to get healthy- cardio ( jogging, biking, whatever u prefer to make heart stronger)

Build some muscle - incorporate progression overload ( on a weekly / any other cadence basis), and u can reduce to 2 sessions of upper body per week and use 3 rd session for skill progression or lower body)
(Squats builds abs better then any crunches in the world)

Lean - has nothing to do with training, it is about fork and your mouth

@dadneedshelp2013 First read the Faq’s bro and make sure your question hasn’t already been answered. Then it’s likely your post was too short so try to articulate well and there shouldn’t be any problem

@korni You looks good man and routine is pretty solid.. I would add more pull ups to develop upper chest. My routine its similar but 24 total sets and half of them pullups

@seniabg Bro what 5 upvotes for pull ups for UPPER CHEST?. Pull ups for upper chest? Listen I get it, when I do chin ups I can feel the chest pump but it's nowhere close to even BUILD or FATIGUE your upper chest, Could've at least recommended dips or ring dips as they're vastly superior or decline dumbbell bench press if he has weights.

Back