Had a disaster at the gym

jesus4ever

So, I’ve been going to the gym since a year. I’ve lost a good amount of fat and gained a significant amount of muscle. At the start of the journey i was told to do cardio for 1 month straight, they’d never let me touch weights. But later on i asked them to give me a routine, and they did. Even after the routine i used to do cardio(cause i was new and knew cardio is a great way of burning calories 😭 ) but later after some research i realised ,i had to gain some muscle too. Then slowly i stopped doing cardio abs. So yesterday I tried it and omg… i had a really bad cramp on my lower abdomen, so bad I couldn’t move. i had to lay down for a while. I remembered my trainers advice to drink water whenever you get cramp.
And these cramps are becoming a everyday thing now. I try to stretch my body i get cramps 😭😭 what do i do????!! I drink a lot of water, especially now as m on Creatine i drink a lot.

Tldr: got cramps on my lower abs, so bad I couldn’t move , after 6 month of avoiding abs workout. Need help to avoid it.

@jesus4ever Abs are a muscle, my guy. Training your abs is not cardio. Also all trainers are trash by default. My advice to every noob out there is to get a basic foundation about lifting, nutrition and cardio for 1-2 months before actually stepping into the gym.

@stevocian I get what you saying, like usually people do cardio and abs together right. So i meant to say it that way. I know that abs are a muscle. Maybe the post didn’t explain it properly, my bad.

@jesus4ever ORS pani ke sath pe lo it'll help immediately,

Start supplementing magnesium and vit D. Your cramp will decrease..

If u r taking creatine temporary stop it..

@thdev Mb ans hk me quantity jyada milti he coz of long line of commission takers because wo supplements nahi medicine me ata he..
First mene li thi wo 500 ki sirf 8-10 ayi hogi then boldfit ki li 350 me 30 thi.. vitD b bohot jyada ayi..

Creatine water khichta he body se to lack of water also causes cramps. Trust me here.. whatever I've written here is written from person experience.

@dawn16 No problem to you my buddy. But medical pe multivitamins 80-100 rs ki 15 aajti hai (son of doctors). Also mere bhai personal experience hai ki mene jaab creatine lena chalu Kia tha bhot cramps aare the fir mene 2-3 din ors lia uske baad koi dikkat nahi aai

@thdev So usko extreme lagi dikkat that's why i suggested to tske break on ORS.
and multivitamins me medical se lene gaya 90 ki 10. 270 vese b ho jata he..

But whatever u say bro thik hi he..

@randywmoore45 At the start when i used to do cardio and abs, a lot like 150-200 but then I completely stopped because it wont help in fat loss. And now when I’ve resumed this shits happening.

@jesus4ever Sometimes people get cramps when there's deficiency of vitamin D3, get your blood work done and see it's hard to detect otherwise the reason for cramps.

@jesus4ever I was in a very similar situation A few months ago
I used to play a lot of football and also used to workout for a couple of hours everyday,
Then I started having intolerable Abdominal cramps, my bodyfat was an all time low too, I was losing strength and weight,
I was advised to drink much water even though I used to drink 7-8 litres everyday
When the situation got worse, I consulted my doctor, who after lab diagnosis supplemented my diet with L-carnatine and Adviced to consume healthy fats such as Fish Oils and almonds.

I'd definitely recommend consulting a doctor and having a proper informative conversation regarding it.

Back