HAVING TROUBLE TO TO SLEEP 8 HRS STRAIGHT

billuttley

26F> Weight And Muscle Mass Gain Journey

I'm seeing gains in my muscle mass naman from going to the gym for 2(almost 3 months now) but I have read through my research how crucial good quality sleep is for maintaining muscle mass. During my first month sa pag gygym my body clock got fixed ,I noticed even hindi na ako mag alarm naging 8 hrs yung sleep ko however recently I noticed nagiging vulnerable ako sa little noises and disturbance sa room if I'm sleeping.when that happens I find it too difficult to get back to sleep ulit.

For context: my niece is living with me in my dorm because my dorm is near on her university,there are times she needs to open the light to do things most of the time that is my prime sleep disturbance.

I don't want to take in pills ,as much as possible,even research based pills that claims to be safe because I don't want to ruin my kidney in the long run

What to do in this situation? I've been considering these solutions kindly share your thoughts po
  1. Moving out and have a single room so I can rest with the peace of not getting disturbed by any roomates.
  2. Are there any plants or whole food base remedy to induce sleep?(I haven't researched kasi 😅)
  3. Buying earplugs for sleep? Saw ones on Tiktok and one from my boss from my previous work
All recommendations will be highly appreciated,thank you guys! :))

Edit: When I get disturbed in my sleep kasi I'm having paranoia "f*ck hindi straight 8 hrs I'll lose my gains in my work out and diet" so I want it to be fixed 👀😭😭

@billuttley Recommend ko for you to check protocols ni Huberman about this. Good habit that seems to have an impact on my sleep are: 1.) getting early morning sunlight (10-20 mins at least) to kick start circadian rhythm; 2.) having breakfast (usually a protein shake + creatine); 3.) No caffeine 8-10 hrs before sleeping: 4.) good diet; 5.) get enough darkness at night; 6.) practicing nsdr

@ajg Thanks! I'm overwhelmed by the advice guys:)) The weather here is cloudy every morning most of the time (climate change?lol) for caffeine I'm not a coffee lover anymore since I started going to the gym last November; getting enough darkness is a good one I haven't realised that 👀

@billuttley What that guy said + put down your phone at 11pm and use dim lights, the white light from room lights and your phone keeps you awake longer. Also try to get into a routine you are comfortable with.