Hello! Back from my post from yesterday:) advice on Creatine, 24F 5’10

michellenoel

Hi fitness India - if you remember my post from yesterday asking for a workout split where I can give good time to my shoulders. I’ve decided to go with an Arnold split.

Now- I need advice on Creatine:
1. Is Nakpro Creatine good?
2. I have super long and thick hair and I don’t want to lose any of it lol. Hope there would be no hair fall?
3. Best time to consume it? (Before workout, after, intra etc)
4. How do I start taking it? Direct 3-5 g per day or Creatine loading?
5. How long after starting will I see its effects?
6. Anything else to keep in mind?

@michellenoel
  1. Yes, but better go with creapure certified options (Nakpro also has it)
  2. No you won't lose any of your hair, it is a myth and several studies have been done on it to back the claim.
  3. Post workout with a carb rich meal, mix in lukewarm water.
  4. 3-5 g per day, loading is not needed.
  5. In between 3-4 weeks you will start noticing improvement in strength and endurance.
  6. Yes, just be consistent. Wish you good gains.

@te15 Muscleblaze creapro one has been added to the creapure website few days ago. Nakpro one doesn't show on the creapure website. Also yeah, creatine consumption post workout is better, as per research.

@michellenoel
  1. Anytime(it is doesn't work as pre workout).
  2. 3-5gm, you can reach creatine saturation by after 3 weeks.
  3. After saturation if i am not wrong.
  4. Its tasteless, so i would drink it with my protein shake. You can experiment on how to intake it.

@michellenoel
  1. Not sure but personally I have been using GNC for the past year and feel like it is pretty good.
  2. There has been no conclusive evidence scientifically that creatine cause hair loss. More on this here.
  3. It doesn’t really matter when you take it as long as you are regular with your consumption.
  4. It doesn’t really matter in the long term. You can directly start with maintenance of 3-5 grams per day.
  5. It took me around a month with no loading phase.
  6. I usually mix it with my coffee or pre-workout but I have seen people usually taking it along with their whey post workout as it is tasteless.

@michellenoel
  1. Yes.
  2. There shouldn't be. If you notice significant hairfall, avoid taking creatine for 2 weeks and see if it situation improves.
  3. Doesn't matter.
  4. Yes 3-5 gms are enough. If you want to load it, that's fine too.
  5. If you are beginner, then you probably won't even notice. It works under the hood. All creatine does is help you to get the enough energy to lift 1-2 rep extra. Some people respond to creatine heavily, some do not. It depends on many things.
  6. You might notice slight weight gain in initial days, that's alright. Your body is holding water in muscles (good thing) for creatine, so you'll feel more thirsty. So drink more water.