Help a girl find some new yoga pants/leggings

conslater

My favorite pair of leggings (this pair) seems to have been discontinued.

I am desperately in need of a new pair, as I wear mine most days when I walk. They have pockets and a drawstring, and they are very high waisted on me.

Having nice pants to wear when I walk, ones that fit well and are comfortable, is very motivating to me! I find confidence in the active wear I put on, and that makes being active much easier and enjoyable.

I have ordered from multiple brands now, and I’ve failed to find anything that’s not even close. I went to our local sprouting goods store and tried on everything I could find that was high waisted, had pockets, and had a drawstring regardless of price, and it amounted to TWO pairs of loose fit joggers that gave me a massive camel toe.

I am really struggling with this.

Without the drawstring, pants tend to slide off of me constantly, resulting in most of my walking just being me pulling up my pants. I feel like this is due to my body shape, so I’m unsure if it is avoidable.

If anyone could make recommendations for high waisted leggings/yoga pants that either have a drawstring AND pockets or just pockets but don’t require I pull them up every 30 seconds, I would be forever grateful.

Beyond Yoga is out, as they’ve clearly discontinued them (not interested in the colors left available).

Vouri - Material left nothing to the imagination. Every lump and bump was on full display, along with my underwear.

Glyder - One pair bunched up weird around my ass cheeks, others were not high waisted enough. I’ll have store credit after return, so not opposed to trying non-drawstring variety.

I’d like to avoid ordering from Amazon or similar, if possible.

@conslater I really like Old Navy’s leggings. They have a zipper on one side and pockets on both sides. High waisted, not see through, and stays in place! Not to mention, pretty affordable. I’m not sure the full price, but I purchased two pairs on clearance for 7 dollars each.

I have trouble with pants slipping as well. They are tight in all the right places for me! If you want to get them, id try them on to see how they work for you.

@tracerenae I went to Old Navy because I had Super Cash to use! I found a pair with a drawstring, but they were more of a loose jogger that gave me major camel toe. I also tried just a pair of regular, pocket leggings, and found them to be very see through.

@conslater I really really love old navy’s Powersoft leggings. They have nice side pockets that fit my phone, are fairly high waisted, the material is smoooooth (and smooths me out- I’m a fluffier petite so if it smooths me then it’s legit lol) not remotely see through, and never pill or anything. But there’s other leggings I’ve gotten from there that I absolutely hate so if you are kinda just winging it and trying some random pants it’s easy to be disappointed.

@kath141 The powersoft ones are the ones I tried on! Our Old Navy is pretty small, so they have a TINY activewear section. I believe they only have the powersoft, in full length and biker shorts, and then some jogger type of leggings.

I did not like them at all, I felt like everything was on display. It was really disappointing, honestly.

@conslater Really?! That’s wild to me, I am so picky about my leggings and these are it. I buy the cropped Powersoft leggings, and only in black or dark gray. The powerchill and the regular cottony leggings, I hate.

@denl I was very disappointed! I had tried the powersoft bike shorts, loved how high waisted they were, material felt good, but when I tried on the leggings the fit and material felt entirely different.

@conslater I have the same issue with some leggings needing to be yanked up, but never with my Lululemon Aligns. Inseams are petite friendly, pocket options, love the material. You can score some deals on their "We Made Too Much" section, Like New website (their official resell website), and Poshmark etc. Also, kind of glad I'm not the only one experiencing that with Vuori. Really wanted to like them but whoof.

@holyhelper I’ve never tried LuluLemon, honestly. The physical location gives me such bad anxiety, and I’m not sure what size to order online since it’s not S/M/L. Thankfully, I don’t have issues with inseams. I have a lot of leg, so most regulars fit.

I was googling them yesterday, and I only found one with a drawstring, might try them out. I’m not 100% on them yet.

@conslater The subreddit has a ton of posts with people in different sizes for reference, I was the same. Not going into a store if I can help it 😂 Returns by mail have also been painless.

@conslater I know Lulumon costs more but they really are worth it. I’m 5’4” get the 25” Aligns. They usually have a sale going on all the time on some of the colors so I never buy full price.

For sizing it’s easy you just size up one size or if you are between sizes in their size guide just pick the higher one. I only buy Aligns with pockets. They have never even remotely slipped down for me. Drawstring pants give me anxiety bc they all seem to be cut weird on me high rise, petite, doesn’t matter. I either get camel toe or it digs in my sides or come up under my boobs. One thing with Aligns, they really shouldn’t be dried in the dryer much, but if you pull them out of the washer and hang them up they’re 100% by the next morning.

@deebouchie I just need the drawstring to keep them up, honestly. I don’t know if it’s the pants or me, but leggings always seem to fall off without a drawstring. High-waisted pants always go up over the bottom of my ribcage, pretty much to my boobs. I have a short torso, so that’s just how it is.

LuluLemon seems to offer one pair with a drawstring, but they also have free returns. I may order a couple pair to try, as there has been a few suggestions.

@conslater Lulu has a bunch with a drawstring. The aligns don’t, but Wunder trains, base pase, swift speed etc. all do. I have no hips so the waistbands are also essential for me.

@billclt16 Ah, that’s why I’m confused. I’ve not been a fan of the inside ones, as the exterior drawstrings are typically more like a dense shoelace instead of a thin strip of elastic. It’s more difficult to tie/untie the inside ones in my limited experience, plus it rubs against my skin when knotted, so when I’ve seen this in other pants I just never use it as a drawstring.

They do only have one pair with an external drawstring that I might try, but otherwise it’s feeling as though I’ll have to forgo my dreams of keeping my pants up.

Back