Help. I need more strenght and more gains. 3yo of lifting

ajdlga

Hi, this is me https://s15.postimg.org/4a67f9dvf/20160504_170409.jpg
I'm 28yo Height 184cm ( 6,04 ft) Weight 82kg (180lbs) BF: I don't know, my abs are ok so I think 10/12%
I'm writing this post 'cause I'm in trouble. I read every day about lifting, I know the most famous routine training (sheiko, Bill Starr, Madcow, Strong Lift, Hatfield, P.H.A.T etc) but my body doesn't change. I got 8 kg in 3 years and it's ok, but now my progresses stopped.
I used split routine, than I changed (after a ton of study) in a multifrequency training.
I'm natty and I don't want to use steroid (I thought about Sarms, I thought a lot, but I'm xxxxx scared)
My 1rm are: Bench press. 95kg (209lbs) Back squat: 125kg (275lbs) Deadlift: 160kg (352lbs) Bent over row: 90kg (198lbs)
my training program is something like that:
Mon wed and fri
Squat 5x5 Bench press 5x5 Bent over row 5x5
After 5x5: on monday I do: Incline dumbbell press: 4x10 26kg (57 lbs) dumbbell flies 3x15 (28lbs) push ups to failure Barbell curl 3x10 dumbbel curl 3x15
wed: chin ups 3xmax (my chin ups suxxx, I'm able to do 5 or 6) cable row 3x12 w 132lbs one arm dumbell row 3x12 w 52lbs dips 3xmax rope push down 3x15 w 40lbs
fri: Overhead dumbbell press 3x10 w 42lbs side lateral raises 3x12 leg press 3x10 leg ext 3x12 leg curl 3x12 calf
I tried to train with high volume with a classic bro routine but my endurance is weak and exercise by exercise my lifts shut down; Furthermore I read that training muscle once/week is ok for people who have an high protein sysnthesis (so, doped) and that 4 a natty the best is to train 2 o 3 times a week with compound exercise.
But I feel weak, I know my body isn't born to lift, I'm long-limbed, my wrist is small and my 5rm and 1rm sucks.
Have you some advice for me?
How can I do to improve my gains and my strenght?
Thanks

@ajdlga Firstly, don't let yourself get demotivated! You look pretty good and you will continue to improve if you continue to work hard and read the research.

Nutrition and sleep are usually the limiting factors when you seem to be doing everything right but aren't progressing. So make sure you're getting enough calories, and maybe try upping the protein (the science on how much you need seems to vary greatly but it won't hurt to err on the side of plenty).

As for training, my personal belief based on reading as much research as I can get my hands on is that frequency may be slightly better, but it shouldn't make a huge difference. Volume per week is the most important thing; maximum recoverable differs from person to person but aim for 20 sets per body part (and count exercises that use a muscle as a secondary mover for about 1/3, so if you do 10 sets of bench a week call that 3 sets for triceps). I personally do Upper-Lower-Push-Pull because my current schedule basically limits me to 4x a week and my legs are not a priority currently.

@ajdlga Eat. The reason you've only gained 8kg in 3 years is because you haven't eaten enough. No program can make up for poor nutrition.

As an example, I'm 6'4 too, and I've only been training seriously for just over a year and weigh 90kg with similar lifts to you. Aim to gain 0.5kg-1kg a month, 300kcal over your TDEE should accomplish this.

@dawn16 This is true.
I know my maintenance is around 2600kcal.
My better results were 2 years ago, 4kg in 5 months, I eaten 3000kcal (50 cho 30 fat 20 pro in %)
Now I'm so unmotivated that I dont care much nutrition, cause I have always the feeling of getting something wrong in my workout.
I don't know how workout can work on me despite my bench, my deadlift, my squat and my row have performed really well

@ajdlga Your lifts aren't too bad for your weight. Eat more, increase your BW steadily and keep improving on your compounds man. What program are you running?

I tried 5x5 SL but it can work (imho) 4 beginners.
Probably mine are beginner lift, but in 5x5 SL we have to add weight every workout and I'm pretty sure than I can't gain 30kg on squat in 1 month (if possible, sheiko, norway school and other myths were idiot? I don't thik so)

@ajdlga I was in the same position 2 years ago, I moved to a powerlifting gym that a friend (who was a decorated powerlifter) attended. After several years of lifting I never would of believed that I could put on 15-20lbs of mass and add hundreds of pounds to my 1mr in one year.

The #1 thing I learned is you have to train with bigger stronger people and be willing to push yourself in every way. Eat, sleep and lift as big as you inspire to be. These guys would set alarms to eat and when they seen it go off they looked sick but they still got the meal down. Overall it is intimidating at first but was refreshing to do something different than the same gym and plans.

Word of caution powerlifting is fun and beneficial for an ectomorph to gain mass and strength, but as a competitive bodybuilder it took me another 6 months at a different gym to fade most of the powerlifting techniques and start to use that mass for my physique.

Also I'm natty I never jumped on the boat only because of my personal situation. I was 23 6'1" 185lbs when I started and 24 6'1" 200-205 when I left.

@littlelovey Yeah, I'm considering seriously to move to PL.
But there isnt a PL gym in my city, I've to do it alone.
I thought using PL exercise in a strenght training (4 exemple, squat bench and dl 3 times a week ((or more?)) with other exercise) and just concentrate on weight

@ajdlga P.S. stay away from sarms if your going to do something go all the way. at the last gym I was one of two natty lifters. the one guy that did sarms by themselves ruined his test by the end of the cycle. he had good initial gains but they went to hell in the process of correcting his hormones.

@ajdlga It's hard by yourself but definitely possible. the ah ha moment for me was accepting that what I was currently doing was not good enough that I was failing and to step back and see what I else I could do without being partial to my own comfort.

focusing on the big 3 is a good start but be real with yourself your not squatting until you can't stand or dl until your hands and shins are bleeding or eatting to the point that food on general makes you go ugh. if you were.... you'd be bigger and stronger and unfortunately for guys with our body type that's what it takes.

I found putting the most focus on squat and dl gave me the best gains. you do plenty for your chest elsehwere but the most mass you can put on is in your back, shoulders and legs. as a natty competitor a decent set of legs will wow judges.

@ajdlga it doesn't need to be a powerlifting gym either it just needs to be a place that will tolerate the noise and space powerlifting creates. do you want to compete?

@littlelovey My gym is perfect, we have a room with a special floor, olympic bar etc. I can.
I'll do that.
Squat, BP and DL 3 times a week or more?
Every workout I have to do the big 3 or split them (day1: squat and BP, day2 OHP and DL etc.)?

Which method do you suggest to me?

Do I keep doing complementary exercises for the mass with high reps?

@ajdlga if you have the freedom to do so in your gym focus on the big 3. make the secondary exercises based on your lagging body parts. don't hold yourself to a super strict schedule. do keep track of weights on the big 3. if you can bang out 5-6 100% effort sessions do it....if it's only 3 one week that's fine too. whatever you wake and and think you can kill that day do. a half ass pl session is a complete waste it's not like a typical bb oriented session. people worry too much about a plan and not enough about pushing themselves.

@ajdlga You probably won't see this and others will down vote. Iw as in same boat as you after 5 yrs of lifting. I went in a cut (you don't need too). But this taught me protions and macros, even tho I was aware and thought I was doing it, tracking showed me I was wrong. I just finished my cut and i was running 2suns 531 variation. Run this program... And fix your diet I gained mass more than I have in 3 years on this program and with a better diet..even tho it was a cut. I am maintaining at 2200 right now but will slowly increase this over the next month. I csnt belibe the difference my good diet and 2suns program gave me

Back