High protein breakfast that’s not tofu

@deimante Oats with peanut powder or protein powder and whatever other stuff you want

Whatever you'd eat for lunch or dinner - doesn't have to be typical breakfast food

@deimante From the description, I'm assuming you mean not tofu scramble. If that's the case, a variation of douhua/soft tofu pudding with hemp seeds, nuts, and fruit/maple syrup is my favorite. I just dump a block of soft tofu into a bowl, microwave some frozen blueberries in water and dump that on top, then scatter 3+ tbsp hulled hemp seeds, cashews, or another seed or nut on top. Sometimes I'll use molasses instead of syrup for iron.

TVP cereal with peanut butter and fruit (basically Kashi Go) in soymilk

Overnight oats with nut butter, seeds, fruit

Besan/moong pancake/omelette/chilla

Fried spiced seitan

Refried bean burrito with nooch

Bean and TVP Chili

Protein powder smoothie

@deimante I do protein shake: 1.5 cups soy milk, 2 tablespoons hemp hearts, 1/2 frozen banana (or a whole one depending on if your soy milk has thickeners in it), 2 scoops Orgain Simple Protein Powder. Sometimes if I’m feeling fancy I add 1 date and 1 teaspoon cocoa powder

42 g protein

@deimante I make seitan weekly. I usually have that or I bake tofu. I’ve had tofu scramble too much and can’t eat it anymore. Lol so I have to bake the tofu now if I want to eat it. Aside from that I also have green split pea soup. I just take green split peas and boil in water.

@deimante Add the tofu to a pea protein & cocoa or mixed berries smoothie. Can also add 1/2 avocado to the smoothie for velvety consistency like soft-serve ice cream.

@deimante Mix protein powder into a yogurt with a decent protein content! If u have Alpro in ur stores, their Greek yogurt is perfection. The protein powder + yogurt is like a mousse and it’s sooo good. Make sure to use a protein u really like

@deimante Lately I've been enjoying this "Purely Elizabeth" brand instant oatmeal with flax, chia seeds, and cinnamon, made with soy milk, and frozen wild blueberries. Then I add three morningstar sausage patties to it and mash it all up. Depending on whether I used maple or hot and spicy sausages, I may add a bit of maple syrup. The whole thing is Smurf colored from all the blueberry anthocyanins lol. It is beyond delicious, and takes about five minutes of preparation in total.

@deimante My usual breakfast is a green smoothie with protein powder and high protein yogurt included, and then I have a bagel with hummus. It's usually ~60g of protein and a little over 800 calories. But I'm on the go most of the day once I leave the house so it works for me and keeps me fueled.

@almostadult Yes!! Ditto for me.

I’ve been meal prepping VWG ‘vegan bratwurst using the Bob’s Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten— basic seitan recipe on the back of pkg. I divide the seitan dough into sausages, roll them up in parchment, then steam them for ~ 45 mins. They are amazing. 2 of them (~23g protein each) in AM w/a creamy Pea Protein Isolate & mixed berries smoothie for a nice satisfying breakfast!

Also tempeh bacon w/smashed strawberries or homemade no-sugar jam is a current favorite too!

@deimante After weeks of experimenting, Ive found the holy grail :)!!! Flax milk, pb powder, chocolate protein powder, banana, maple syrup, and a few ice cubes!!! You can make this a smoothie or omit the ice cubes to make pancake batter
This is my go-to every morning because it’s lightweight and high protein (48 grams of COMPLETE protein) 🥰
(It’s also good when you switch out the pb powder with frozen berries but that’s 40 grams)

These ingredients are also lower calorie versions of generic ingredients to make it healthier but still taste awesome, for example:

Fatty high cal peanut butter —> PB powder

High sugar maple syrup —> no sugar added (10cal)

Almond milk (low cal but no protein) —> flax milk (low cal and 8g)

@deimante I love the hot & spicy MorningStar sausage. 10g of protein for 1. The original and maple flavors are 9g. Have a couple of those with protein waffles for 30g.

Or throw some potatoes, sausage & veg in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito for 30+g of protein.

@deimante Cook some Split Yellow Pigeon lentils/Toor Dal and dress it up with pink salt, asafetida(optional), paprika, cut tomatoes and cilantro. Eat with tostada or fiber based crackers or toast or vegan protein bread

Back