High protein breakfast that’s not tofu

@deimante Favourite breakfast: a pot of soy yoghurt, soy crispies and fresh fruit/berries.

I usually eat a whole pot of yog (400-500g), 50g of soy crispies and anywhere from 100-300g of whatever fruit, for a total of ~50g protein.

It's pretty simple/basic... but also both light yet quite filling at the same time.

@deimante (pea)nut butter porridge. My most usual one consists of oats, peanut butter, banana, ceylon cinnamon (and liquid of your choice. Oat milk is the best imho, but water will do just fine)

@deimante I don't eat tofu since I have an intolerance to soy, so somewhat similar boat I'm in. I don't know if it gets to 30g of protein, but I have oatmeal, peanut butter, a variety of nuts and seeds, and fruit. If you added protein powder I'm sure it could stack up to that.

@deimante Mine is 1/2 cup of oatmeal (5g of protein), 1 serving of chia seeds (5g of protein), 1 serving of ground flax seeds (3g of protein), 1 serving of PB Fit (7g of protein), 1.5 servings of walnuts (6g of protein), and some fruit. That's a 26g of protein breakfast.

@deimante My current breakfast is: cooked steel cut oats with cannelloni beans (lightly mash with a fork) mixed in. Add unsweetened soy milk and raw almond butter. Stir in 1/4 tsp of tumeric, a dash of black pepper, fresh grated ginger to taste, and some homemade date paste. Top with fresh berries, sliced banana, and flaxseed and you have about 25g of protein. It’s loaded with fiber as well.

@deimante I make protein bagels with 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten, 1/4 cup chickpea flour, 1 tbs nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and onion and garlic powder to taste. Combine dry ingredients and then add a little water to make a dough that you roll out and shape into a bagel. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or air fry in about half the time. I usually put kite hill cream cheese or avocado on top.

Another option is kite hill Greek yogurt. I add a scoop of protein powder, a little stevia, and berries.

Mission makes higher protein tortillas (7g) that you can use for breakfast wraps with tofu scramble with beans or something.

Field Roast smoked apple sage sausage has 26g protein per sausage and they’re pretty good in my opinion.

Yves veggie bacon has hella protein for such a low calorie food.

@deimante I know you said no tofu, but hear me out. It's not in egg form. Tofu yogurt. I add firm tofu,cashew butter, frozen fruit, lemon juice and some vanilla protein powder. I've been using apples and pumpkin spice seasoning with a drizzle of Walden farms caramel syrup.

@deimante
I didn’t like scrambled eggs

It sounds like your issue is with eggs not tofu. I'm in the same boat as I've never been able to stomach eggs since a little kid -- even the smell of cooking eggs makes me want to vomit. But, there are millions of dishes that you can make with Tofu that don't resemble eggs. Which is easy!

One that I've always liked extra firm tofu, searing it in a pan with some light oil spray, and then dipping it in a mixture of vinegar and soy sauce.

Back