How do you handle “old people talk”?

emosoundlogic

Saw some old friends. The conversation kept moving to sickness, injuries, of people we don’t know. We are in shape and healthy. Some of them have had health scares in the recent past. We always want our friends to be able to share about their own personal issues, but we really don’t want to hear about some guy they work with, or someone they went to school with 45 years ago who is sick now, OR the details of their new puss filled skin condition. If this is the future with them count us out. Anyone else experiencing this? How do you handle it?

@emosoundlogic I guess you can take a couple possible actions..

One.. Enjoy your friends no matter what
Two.. Ask them to change the subject
Three.. Offer some insight on how you hope to avoid the plights of age..
Four.. Hope someone will listen to you some day when maybe you aren't in such a good position as today.

@emosoundlogic Yep. Either they still have kids at home and can’t see life past it, aging parent issues and their own health stuff. My way of coping is to pick the restaurant so I can at least pretend I’m listening when I’m really more interested in the food.

@emosoundlogic I know I’m going to sound like an elitist dick when I say this but when I go out in public I just can’t believe how fat everyone is. Keep on mind, I don’t think they should disrespected, or treated baby but WTF is going on? For the most part fitness is easy. I just bought a nice set of resistance bands for home training, google, YouTube, chatgpt and smartphone apps can help you come up with training plans and education. Meanwhile, everyone is on that damn Ozempic suffering all those bad side effects. They would get better results by just doing a simple PPL workout for less than 4 hours a week but people have time to waste on TikTok, Facebook, and watching Kim Kardashian. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

@aramazd No it does. The sickness,injuries and health scares could be mitigated with strength training, but hardly anyone does it. Did we as a people learn anything when the news was talking about the comorbidities of Covid?