They say old guys shouldn’t lift heavy weights

@maxmanroe Sick push press. And 48 isn’t old at all. It’s only old for people who haven’t taken care of themselves. I’ve seen 30 year olds who are already washed

@maxmanroe I think this is BS. I'm 67 years old, 5'11, 175lbs. You can check my posts. This past week I did sets of 3-5 at 275 lbs for squats and 295 for deadlifts. Does that count as heavy? And for the record, only supplement I take is creatine. And I've never had any joint or muscle injuries related to these lifts.

So just do it up OP. Just work out smart and keep your goals.

@absentia Agreed! Lifting heavy is one of the best things you can do to stay young and healthy. And are those lifts heavy - hell yes! Especially compared to what your average 67 year old can do.

@maxmanroe You just keep at it man. Sadly my shoulder doesn’t let me do the pressing you do, but you have 20 years more for gains before reaching when I’m at.

@choux The Seneca Nation, based near my hometown, greet each other by saying, “I’m happy that you are well” in their traditional language. Pretty wholesome compared to some of the toxicity we see in modern America.

@maxmanroe My doc said heavy weights, higher blood pressure during valsavic(?)/bracing maneuver against aged/weaker vessels causing aneurysms is the risk.

I went the gym and lifted up and set down heavy weights afterwards.

@recycledapathy When I die I want it to be doing something I love, not wasting away in a bed. Jón Páll Sigmarsson of “There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift!” fame dying while deadlifting is the way to do it.