How to begin learning Callisthenics skills? e.g. Frogstand, One Arm Push Up, Front Tucked Lever

@carina2111 Do dynamic exercises, not static. Work on bent-arm variations first. Joint prehab is super important. Wrist and shoulder mobility. Master the basics first: pull ups, rows, push ups and pike push ups. Stretch hamstrings aswell. Work on pike mobility.

@carina2111 I can't do a one arm pushup yet, but... a couple exercises to build up to it are if you put one hand on a slider and slide it out wide while the other arm takes on most of the weight of your body. You can also do one-arm pushups while leaning against a ledge as an intermediate exercise. I'm also doing a lot of different weighted pushup variations. I figure that can't hurt either.

There aren't really definite answers to a lot of your questions since a lot of this depends on how long it takes your body to recover and what you're able to make time for. My advice is to keep getting after it and eventually you'll figure out what you need to do to reach your goals.

@carina2111 Apologies if this was already posted, but I found 'archer pushups' to be a decent way to build up toward one-arm pushups. The basic idea is that you plant your hands fairly far apart, then pivot on your toes so your left shoulder is almost over your left hand, and your right arm is straight out. This way, more of your weight is on your left hand, and your right hand provides a little assistance and balance. Press up, come to center, then lower over your right hand and repeat. I think it has advantages over some other exercises because it involves the same balancing challenges and trains basically the same movement.

gif from google

@carina2111 Definitely look at Al Kavadlo on YouTube, and for one of the best books on one arm push-ups and pistol squats, look to the OG of it all, comrade.. Pavel Tsatsouline! Naked Strength and Beyond Bodybuilding changed my world almost 20 years ago. All of Pavel's books are great, almost his entire back catalogue is on Dragon Door, but all his classic movies are all on YouTube. He has amazing stuff on bodyweight, kettlebell, and ab wheel workouts. He also has a great one he wrote about the deadlift if you are interested, but he really specialized in minimalist training. He goes heavy on the Russian shtick, but he did train spetznatz, I believe? His knowledge and information are what's important though, and his info is rock solid. Also, an older one is dinosaur bodyweight training by Brooks Kubrick. It's old, but it takes a lot of the iron age stuff and collects it. In his prime, Kubrick(spelling?) Was a beast.

In Strength!

@carina2111 I see some posts about frog stand and one arm pushup, but not much about tuck front lever. I'd look up and start with skin the cat for general shoulder health/getting used to being upside down. And tucked FL is actually within that move if you can do it slow and in control. Although most likely as beginner you will kip through that part when going up, as that's the hard part lol. But still you will get the feel and at least try to do the negatives as slow and control as you can. So basically I'm recommending you tuck FL negatives in a way, but I'd like keeping it one of the several positions within skin the cat at start.

That torque on shoulders is just quite specific/hard and you need to build up some. If your core is strong enough for leg raises, then the upper half of no kipping toes to bar will also give a good practice to your shoulders of what's coming, on shoulders alone it's maybe a small bit easier than tucked FL raise itself.

Back