how to calculate added weight from g-forces when swinging/jerking/snatching

salome2

i want to know how heavy a 70lb kettlebell is at the bottom of the swing or jerk, so I know how much weight my grip strength is actually having to use to hold onto it.

when you hold a kettlebell and swing it with your arm like a pendulum from front to back, an arm that's say 24 inches long from fist to shoulder, and say it takes half a second to swing from front to back, how much does the 70 lb kettlebell weigh at the bottom of the swing?

or doing a one arm standing snatch with the 70 lb kettlebell, and it takes 1/4 second to get it from waist to shoulder, and it's 12 inches from waist to the get-under-it point, how heavy is the 70 lb kettlebell when it comes under max acceleration?

even 2g's would be 140 lbs in one hand on the wrist and shoulder, the harder you yank it the more g's you would make. I feel like it would be easy to make just 2 or 3 g's, that would mean any weight you're using is at some point double or triple, as far as your hands/wrist/shoulder is concerned...

@admissioninfo also pressed 135 lb overhead, and that’s all from DFW with 2x24kg. once circumstances allow me to start doing regular barbell training again, i think a 1 plate press, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 4 plate deadlift is in relatively easy reach

@pamelakbd Hard agree here.

My squat and press went up without barbell training, my bench stayed pretty flat, but no loss in max effort lifts, just volume sets at higher (70%+ of 1rm) end of scale and my deadlift did the same. I just built to 425lb 1rm on my first day training singles this block and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull 200kg/440lb in the next 3/4 weeks after a month of heavy singles.

In my experience, squat was the hardest to translate gains from KB. Roughly speaking I needed to strengthen the muscle I built with KB training. I had a 300lb squat first of the year and I'm looking at 325lb in the before the end of june. I'm doing 305lb singles @ rpe 7-8.

Context: this is my second barbell training block since October after almost 3 years off of barbell and KB (16, 20(s), 24)/sandbag only during that period. When i left the barbell i was pulling 365 DL, squatting 225 and benching 225. First month back on barbell I was squatting 275 doubles with that 300lb single on week 12. I pulled 405 that week as well.

My goal is 1000lb total by 1st week of july, I'm at 965 right now and getting into my last 5 weeks of the program, I'm on my 3rd week of heavy singles, 5 weeks left. First run thru of the program i was all BB focus with KB complexes for 10-15mins conditioning after my primary BB movements.

You are certainly in sight of your 1, 2, 3, 4 plate goals. Probably no more than 3-12 weeks based on what program you choose. Good luck and happy hunting!

@pamelakbd What weight is used in the 1 plate measurement? I am thinking either 20 kg or 25 kg, but I am not sure if people think of it differently in different countries/cultures.

@salome2 On the SFG1 training they stated that the kettlebell should float weightlessly at the top of the swing, but at the bottom of the swing it has the force of 8-10 x the weight of the kettlebell going through it. They didn’t explain the science behind that, so maybe it’s not true - the answers above look convincing to me!