How to rest properly

thebrave

RR should be done 3 days a week with a rest in between training. What If I work out at morning and the I have to do physical activity afterwards at night like playing guitar with a band, walking a lot , etc. Any advice? I do the routine M W F and run on the rest days but some tes I hVe band rehearsal and the guitar weights considerably

@thebrave "Rest" in this context is "not exercising a particular muscle group intensively", ie at a level where you can do approximately 3x10 reps max. So walking, playing the guitar, and other similar activities should not harm your recovery, provided you get adequate sleep and nutrition.

@thebrave Dude how the fuck do you play the guitar? Like are you doing squats while you're picking? Did you tape some 20 pound plates on the back of the body? I've been playing music for 22 years and have never once felt like it was a workout.

@zaulux Its an epi G400Compared to a les paul yes, but even when I took it to a couple of luthiers they pointed mine was uncommonly heavy for an sg but they say it was a good guitar.

@thebrave It's impossible to reply... It depends on your recovery and we don't know your genetic, your life, etc... If you are really busy with a lot of activities, sleep well 7-8 hours minimum and learn to do short nap. Nutrition is also important.

But, for most people, walking / playing guitar / etc... on rest day is not a problem.

@thebrave Hell, even a relaxed run isn't going to kill you. I do sprints one say a week in between bwf and see no drop in performance on the after day.

Maybe on a long term trend I see slightly lower rate if gains, but at my level (and yours) it's probably negligible.