I’m 16 years old 6’0 and 300 pounds

dar858

I want to lose weight during quarantine but I don’t have any equipment but a treadmill and I want to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.My diet is pretty unhealthy my dad keeps saying he’ll buy health food but we eat a lot of burgers,tacos,pancakes low fat milk and not many vegetables.And I can’t convince him to buy health food so I need a good workout routine.I can jog for an hour if I’m hydrated and do ten pushups so far.

@dar858 I agree with joining MyFitnessPal and monitoring your food intake. You will really start getting an idea of conscious eating. What to avoid, what to limit, what to add more of.

Why don't you YouTube workout videos on YouTube... there are so many options using bodyweight exercises. Depending on your level, you can opt for shorter videos, low impact workouts until you build your endurance.

Walking is great. I would get a pedometer and try to make step goals to hit each day

If you like Burgers and Tacos... you can totally continute to eat those things.

I would convince your dad to incorporate healthy substitutes to the foods that you already love.

Examples:
-Use 93/7 ground beef for tacos and burgers vs. 80/20
- Use whole wheat, low carb tortillas
- Use whole wheat hamburger buns
- Oven bake your fries instead of frying
- Eating Baked Lays
- Adding plenty of lettuce and tomatoes to your burgers and tacos

If you need help, just ask. I've been doing MyFitnessPal and making health substitutes for a while.

Check out 1200isplenty/1500isplenty/Loseit subreddits for motivation and ideas.

Lose Weight Eat Pizza is a great FB group as well.

@dar858 Exercise can help, but most of the weight loss will be coming from the food you eat.
You dont necessarily need to eat healthy foods to lose weight.
Look up a calorie calculator. It's going to tell you how much to eat.
Once you get there it is pretty self explanatory.
Use an app like myfitnesspal to track what you eat.

I do want to say, and I cant stress this enough. If you choose to eat less calories but stick to the same diet, you will probably be a lot hungrier. Unprocessed foods like fruits, veggies, meats will keep you feeling fuller.

It's very possible in your situation. But it will be harder. Aim for a 1lb to 2lbs a week so you dont stress yourself out too much

@dar858 You don’t have to eat “healthy food” you just have to eat less overall. You can eat whatever you want as long as you’re in a caloric deficit.

@dar858 the treadmill will help build muscle in your legs. when i was trying to lose weight i did the treadmill for 30-45 min 5x a week and didn't do any weight training. my quads got hella muscular xD