I’m 17, 6’1, and 145 pounds, looking for some good beginner exercises

n4na

I’ve never played sports or really exercised before so I’m trying to build strength sooner rather then later. I’m mainly looking for some good workouts to start while I’m also gaining some weight, any help is appreciated!

@n4na My son is built similarly to your description at 6'3" & 150 when he was 15/16. Many in my family would give him a hard time about being so thin. It was a constant battle to explain to his grandmother that there was nothing wrong, he was just built that way.

Lifting and the football team style workouts were the only thing that ever put weight on him in his teens. Increase calories and an hour+ at the gym on the weight machines. I bought him a variety of protein shakes and powders and bars and cooked like he was 3 or 4 people. We had a thing we affectionately called the "20 minute rule" where after dinner he would come eat again 20 minutes later. He did that naturally with no prompting by anyone other than himself. Now that he's over 20, he can gain more with less exercise. Good luck!

@n4na Jump rope is a really great all around workout. It'll take probably 4-5 times before you can consistently jump without messing up. Start off by just jumping for maybe 20-30 minutes then build your way up. I started jump roping like a couple of months ago and at first I could only do like 10-15 jumps in a row. Now I can do 80-100 without messing up. It'll help you lose fat and build muscle pretty fast. It helps so much with your endurance and balance. I used to weigh about 160 pounds, I'm 5'4 and 24 yrs old. Now I'm weighing like 165 but I've slimmed down and built quite a bit of muscle. I also do some weight training to help build more muscle.