I’m 38. I’ve been told I won’t get to what I was even when I was 34

@supernova1044 I’m close to your age (by a year) and I was in the best shape of life by the time (compared to when I was 34) as I turned 38, and after losing 30lbs of weight. Gained a bit back, but I like how my body looks right now and want some more strength in my body. I didn’t lift before, and only doing so because I enjoy it and because it makes my body feel happy.

And I’ve slowly realized that the number on the school is just a number and not indicative of your overall health and fitness. And also that everyone has an opinion but the only one that matters is your own.

I take magnesium and B-12 supplements, and increased by protein intake. I just got a personal trainer at my gym who I meet with once a week, and in between days I do cardio or find something on YouTube or Apple fitness to work on. Stretch and relax my body with yoga and pure barre align. Good luck on your fitness journey!!

@supernova1044 At 46 I was at my best shape ever. 100 lbs. and. I’m 4’11 Fasting. Lifting and running. I’m going thru peri menopause so things have been a bit different as I’m adjusting to changes. I’m still at around 103 but working my way back to my old routine. Not worried because I know I can get back to where I was.

@supernova1044 Well that is b******* when people say you can't be in your peak at an older age, I'm 44. Truthfully lifting has helped me a lot . Honestly the way I started lifting was baby steps. I didn't kill myself at first. I did about no more than 45 minutes for three times a week and just went from there and I grew from there

@supernova1044 It's like these people have never seen a Bowflex commercial 😂 I see no reason why you can't be in the same shape you were a mere four years ago. Just be you, do your thing, and fuck the rest.

@supernova1044 Ridiculous. Four years isn't going to make a difference. 38 is not old. If you're perimenopausal it could make a difference, but even then you just have to go about it a bit differently. You are right to believe in yourself and not let the naysayers get to you. You can do it!