I’m going from sedentary to active and I’m not sure how to gauge what amount of fatigue is normal.

rc0617

Hey everyone! 23F here and I’ve been trying to start exercising again. I’m 5’2” and 117lbs. I have no known health issues at the moment other than asthma, and I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency. I want to start exercising to improve my anxiety, OCD, and depression. I’ve been dealing with mild to pretty bad fatigue before exercise and have a hunch it might be because I’m so sedentary. My current vitamin D levels are 31 ng/mL and optimal is around 40-80 ng/mL.

My average steps daily are anywhere from 1000-3000 a day. I’ve been trying to get more active and hit at least 5000 to 6000 daily but it feels so taxing on my body. I don’t know if I’m “doing too much” straight off the bat, but it feels like at my young age and at my weight I should be able to do it just fine. But basically, I’ll do an inclined treadmill fast-paced walk at the gym for 20 minutes and feel so tired after. Like enough that I have to fight back a nap or staying in bed all day after. I also get sore very quickly after a workout. My legs felt sore after that 20 minute treadmill workout, and I did 15 squats today and felt very sore basically immediately.

I’ve gotten a lot of tests done. Right now, I have a sleep study and and endoscopy and colonoscopy in order for July. I’ve gotten tons of blood tests to figure out the cause of my fatigue and basically everything has come back 100% perfect. Like LOTS for inflammation in my body and autoimmune blood test markers. So, I’m just trying to figure out if anyone else has been in my shoes prior and how long it took for them to improve their strength, endurance, and stamina. I want to push through it but I’m scared to do so, since I don’t know if it’s really normal or not or if anyone has gone through the same.

Thanks!

@anonymous18 i sleep 8 hours a day, every day. i sometimes go over but usually don’t go under because i’d feel way too exhausted to even get up.

my food, honestly, might be a problem. since i’m an anxious person i tend not to eat much because my appetite is killed. i do take a multivitamin daily to keep up with the vitamins and minerals i need.