I [18F] kinda dislike going to the gym and being active and I don’t know how to fix it

@anylene fwiw, I hated the gym a lot less after losing weight. besides the mental aspect, it's just physically uncomfortable and even painful sometimes to exert yourself if you're carrying more than a few pounds of excess fat. bending over sucks, squatting sucks, anything that squished my belly fat would in turn push on my organs and make it hard to breathe. anything high-impact would hurt not my boobs, which were locked down pretty well, but my stomach and thighs and butt. I'd tire out much faster too, because almost everything you try to do is more difficult when you're carrying extra weight. it'd be like a low-body-fat person wearing a weight vest.

I quit the gym for other reasons but now that I'm back at a lower weight, it's remarkable how much easier almost every exercise is.

@anylene I avoided the gym for the same reason. Took up pole as a way to exercise and found out i really really love this activity. Realized that I need strength to be better and to pull off certain tricks and that gave me the push I needed to start going to the gym. I'm not as consistent as I'd like but it's way better than bed rotting 24/7.

Back