I built a searchable database of exercises organized by muscle, equipment, and exercise type. There are also gifs to illustrate the exercises

@vmolden Thanks please do, come up with a list and I'll add it. I've tried to add stuff that I actually like and do. I hate hollow holds, but I didn't expect it people to be into this so I'll add it for others!

@wiichkuneew I love this. I think the only thing that might make it more perfect is for it to show what muscle groups it works. Some are super obvious but some may not be for some.

Even without that addition it really is a great resource.

@wiichkuneew This is awseome. I have been working on something similar. Eventually, I want to have an app that will suggest exercises for the day, taking into account what I worked out the day before. After my workout, I log what I did, to be used for the next day's suggestion.
Would you mind if I used your database?
I never intent to sell this. Will probably share on this subs and others like it.

@dawn16 I use the app called FitBod for this. It’s AMAZING. However it’s a monthly/yearly fee after free trial. Still cheaper than a gym membership, and soooo worth it.

@yeshuahelper So then you work out at home?
All the apps I tried try to cater to a wide audience and that prevents them from getting reallly good at any one thing. So, you have to compromise here and there. After trying several different apps, I though, screw this, I can make this. That was weeks ago. Have spent some time on it but not enough..

@dawn16 Yes I work out at home but have a lot of heavy equipment. Squat racks, bars, Olympic barbell, dumbbells, etc. All free weights that you can also use at a gym. I also have worked out at gyms or without access to a gym while on vacation and was able to modify my equipment in the app to use it wherever I go.

@wiichkuneew You categorize L-sit as a machine exercise, but it doesn't need any equipment: I'd definitely categorize it as a body weight exercise. You can do them directly on the floor, they're just a bit harder than if you do them on parallel bars (in which case you can follow progressions where you do 2 feet assist, 1 foot assist, tucked L-sit, etc.).

Back