I got 11 pullups in a row when I was aiming for 10!

@ayopoker I want to progress to a one arm pushup, a one arm inverted row, a HSPU and a one leg squat. Would greasing the groove and training twice a week in short intensity for the major muscles be enough for hypertrophy and strength without overtraining? Also can I train the smaller muscles everyday in shorter, intense sessions? Great job on the pull-ups, though! I'm just looking for advice and so far haven't gotten any decent ones.

@ayopoker Progressions like incline one arm pushups, negative handstand push-ups and the like till I can do 4x8 for each and then move on for the big muscles. Separately, a high intensity max. 10 minute workout for major muscle groups including pushups variations, dips, squat and lunge variations, deadlifts, hip thrusts, extended sets for shoulders, dumbbell row variations for back. Max. 8 minute workout for biceps, triceps, side and rear delts involving curl, extensions, and raise variations. Structured sort of like athlean x's "Sore in 6" series for bigger muscles. I plan to use dropsets for upper arms. In total, I want to accumulate around 4 sets/workout for each small body part. I plan to do 15 sets total in a week per exercise like one arm pushup and one leg squat and around 6-8 total separately. I've never been to a gym and all I have is my bodyweight and very light weights (15lbs). I'm 14, male, 130 lbs, 5'5". Thanks for taking this time to help me.

@ayopoker That feeling when you're too heavy to do pullups and you finally are able to after losing weight and gaining strength is amazing. I remember thinking "look at all the objects I can actually pull myself on top of now". I think pullup fatigue is one of the more notorious things though. People can often bust out a lot their first set relatively easy, but the second set doing just 8 if much more difficult. That's probably why recommended routines usually call for lower volume sets like what you're doing.

@ayopoker Great achievement. I used to just stand on a chair and hang off of the pull up bar until I was able to do one pullup and built up to do 10. Now I do 3 sets of 10 but with pushups,squats and planking in between.

@ayopoker I can’t tell you that it doesn’t get less boring as you improve but as your calisthenics training becomes more advanced it becomes much more satisfying as it makes you feel like calisthenics is your calling

@ayopoker Amazing progress man. I noticed you only did 4 sets of pullups every day. When i greased the groove I did between 6-8 sets each day. I went from 6-8 pullups in a period of 3 weeks. Do you think my volume was too much? Also, did you warmup before each set?

@ayopoker Great work! Been doing something similar with 5 sets each workout (3x a week) and when I get the chance just slam out some pull ups, usually 2 sets extra per day. Went from 0 to 8 in 2 month and still feeling stronger every time I do them. Could probably max out at 10 as I don't really go to failure, same as you.

@ayopoker Very good. Idk if you also lift heavy weight, but I noticed my strength increases WAY faster than the amount of pullups/pushups I can do even though I train hard on both lifting heavier and doing more pulls/pushes. Weird, right? Anyway. I'm on 9 legit no cheat rep pullups, so you beat me for now.😉

Back