i need helpp!!

draugr

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT DESPITE BEING ON A CALORIC DEFICIT.

I’m 5′6 male 19yrs old at 164lbs, my bmi says im overweight. Ive been eating 1800 cals for 3 months alr, i alr lost 8lbs but after that the scale is not moving anymore. Ive been weightlifting 5–6x a week and does cardio 2–3 times. Im a student and even though i sit for hours, i also make sure that I get my 10k steps daily. Even though im being active and eating right, the scale is not moving. Idk if i should decrease my cal intake or increase thwm due to my activity level. Any tip or advice will be appreciated thank u!

@draugr Not a nutritionist at all, but I saw a video about a woman hitting multiple plateaus and this is how she overcame those plateaus (in a nutshell, anyway)
  1. Recalibrate calorie intake - You've lost weight; your then deficit now becomes your new maintenance, hence you recalibrate.
  2. Strategic refeeds - You can only recalibrate so much, because lowering down calories to your absolute minimum deprives you of eating and takes a toll on your energy. Refeed to maintenance
  3. Proper sleep
(To follow nalang youtube link, procrastinating at work hehe)

@draugr I think this is a good sign. You are eating right amount of calorie and been lifting as you stated above. Please everyone dont measure your progress by your "weight" it is the last thing you want to check.
  • Measurement makes much more sense
  • Progress pictures
  • Workout Improvement
I think you are in a Body recomp but i may also be wrong. We need to consider you macros too.

Check also if tuwing kelan ka nag measure same body state ba sa previous? Time? Before or after eating/drink? Water intake affects too.

In short,
If you see progress base on the above list you are doing good. Keep it up OP

@mikejody I always weigh myself fasted, no water or food, made sure to pee and no. 2. However, its still the same, even my progress pics look the same

@draugr Try switching it to full body circuits 3-4x a week. ppl wasn't really good for weightloss and hypertrophy for me.

As for diet, it's probably time you eat less. You've probably hit the normal TDEE for your height and activity levels.

@draugr Just to clarify, have you been on a caloric deficit for 3 months straight? If yes, then most certainly you'll plateau. Try doing refeeds (aka cheat days) every 2 weeks to accelerate metabolism and then you go on your usual deficit immediately the next day. This is just to reset your metabolism and ramp it up bec your body has already adjusted to your low calorie intake.

@draugr Only for a day! You switch back to your usual deficit the next day. Your body has already been used to low calorie intake for so long so refeeds are necessary just to have that reset. This is key so that your metabolism will accelerate and burn more fat while you are in deficit.

Back