I started working out a month ago, but I am gaining weight instead of loosing

@mrnarthex If you’re working out by lifting weights and haven’t done that seriously in the past then the best thing you can do is throw the scale up into the attic for a while. You’ve got a great chance to recomp, where you lose fat and gain muscular with your weight not really changing much but you’ll feel and look better and be healthier.

Later on you’ll have to worry more about calorie counting if you still want to lose weight, but for now if you’re just starting then make sure what you’re doing is reasonable and give it time.

@mrnarthex I have been working out and counting calories and making sure I'm having more protein and fat than carbs and overall calories, I've gained weight as well. Flex your muscles and take note of the amount of fat you have between skin and muscles, it's probably less than before. My thighs are larger but there's barely any fat now when before my thigh was atleast an inch or more of fat.

@mrnarthex muscle weighs more than fat - are you trying to reach a goal weight? If so, you should focus on cardio and dieting until you lose said weight, and then start working out regularly. The key to losing fat for sure, is mainly dieting - also light cardio. Cardio is really good for burning fat, any cardio. Any exercise that will make your heart pump like you just ran. Biking and swimming are also really good for losing dat and over all body weight. I used to be 260lbs (5’2/3) I am now 130lbs. I dieted and did walking, swimming and bike riding until I was 120lbs and the past 2-3 years I’ve been working on building muscle, getting toned. Just staying in shape. But also keep in mind everyone’s bodies are different, if you’re eating healthier and have better habits sometimes it takes a bit to kick in. And I’ve heard of some people gaining weight before they start losing it. I’d really recommend counting calories, not restricting. I shouldn’t of used diet, you’re looking for a lifestyle change. I cannot eat the same way I used to. At least not all the time, and when I do, I always make sure to not eat as much the next day - or I work out extra the next time I work out. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, ppl aren’t lying when they say that! Have a nice big, healthier breakfast, try and have a tea, protein shake, or soup, something light around lunch (if you are hungry) and then I go ham on dinner once again. Always making sure I do cardio and work out. Sometimes a workout you burn 100-200 calories. Sometimes a meal is 100-200 calories, so keep that in mind. I try and work out after I’ve eaten, as FOOD IS FUEL. Drinking Gatorade has helped also, — also, if you have an issue with over eating or snacking s good tip I have is to chug a glass of water if you feel/still feel hungry after just eating. It will help you feel full and realize your jot hungry. I always drink water before and after meals also, it helps with digestion.