Ideal Weight

cscotte

I just came back across this Youtube video by Renaissance Periodization discussing the concept of "ideal weight" and the fact that it's a much wider range than BMI would have you believe.

Just thought it might be useful to some of the folks in this subreddit, since I know some of us get fixated on hitting an exact number on the scale, and BMI can set it pretty darn low for short women.

The slightly silly guy chatting about the topic is Dr. Mike Israetel, who holds a PhD in Sport Physiology, and he has a bunch of great videos besides this one.

@cscotte I’m familiar with this guy also (and RP) but I still thought it was Joe Rogan for a split second and was about to go nuclear, lolol.

Yesterday at work one of my coworkers asked to weight myself i was 235 he then weight himself and was 220 and was like how tf do you like skinnier if you are 15 pounds heavier? He has a beer belly and im far from skinny but i guess i do like 'skininier' than him. We about the same height. So yeah it snot always aboit the scale number. Btw im a male not a petite woman but i think this still counts.