Strong Curves book promotes a woman who's 5'8 and 115 lbs as clients' "ideal" body. Is the weight estimate just off?

@dawn16 Yeah, I'd be willing to bet she is actually somewhere around 130-135lbs because of the amount of muscle she has.

Source: I am 5'8" and ~130lbs haha. I have also been 115 and there is no way that is her weight.

@wantingtodotherightthing I'm 5'1 and 121 right now with a fair bit of muscle and about a 1/2 inch layer of fat over my abs. At 5'8, I would estimate Biel at 130 even. Muscle is heavy as shit.

I don't understand the need to report weights that are low. I was really hoping people would get over that by now. It's a number. She looks great and strong, and that's all that matters.

@eatsomegrub
I'm 5'1 and 121 right now with a fair bit of muscle and about a 1/2 inch layer of fat over my abs.

Goes to show how meaningless numbers can be: I'm about the same height/weight as you... but with a fair bit of flab and about a 3 inch layer of fat over my abs.

Probably a publicist or agent pulled a number out of their butt to send along with her head shots when she first started going on auditions and the number stuck. Why risk an idiot casting director turning Biel down for a part because her real weight looks "fat" on paper?