Idk if I should believe this. Its too good

@abigale sabi ng kapatid ko na nagtatrabaho as quality assurance sa food manufacturing, inaccurate by 5-15% yung mga nakalagay sa nutrition facts.

pero yan ang palagi ko binibili sa grocery kasi mababa sodium content compared to other canned tuna. Lagyan lang ng gochujang or hot sauce pwede na pang ulam

kung gusto mo sa reputable na brand sa canned tuna, yung gold seas at yung doña something something yung mas pricey pero legit yung sa nutrition value kasi literal na tuna chunks yung laman

@abigale This is around 36g of protein, by far the best protein to price ratio I've seen for canned food IF it's accurate. There are other flavors of this same can but somehow this has the highest protein.

Based on the macro calculations, it isn't too far off. 4 cal per g of protein is 144 cal(4x36) and 9 cal per g of fat is 36 cal (9x4) which clocks to 180 calories out of 249 total for protein and fat. We can assume that the remaining 69 calories are the cholesterol, sodium and spices.

Overall, I think this is a safe bet for a protein choice. Our FDA is pretty strict on nutritional labeling, and it could be that nitrogen content of this can variation was detected to be higher, meaning more traceable protein (16% of nitrogen for 100% pure protein)

@abigale legit yan, been eating that canned tuna for a year solid laman nyan puro chunks, di katulad ng ibang local canned tuna lintik parang strips na maninipis lol

@abigale new strategy by these canning companies. Napansin siguro nila na malaki ang market ng fitness community sa sales nila. Yung Southseas din na Canned Tuna, taas din ng declared protein per can. Mukhang hindi strict ang FDA natin with regards to Nutritional Value.

@abigale I NEVER trust Nutrition Facts especially in the Philippines. In my experience, they are all fabricated.

What you can do is weigh the tuna in a scale that measures the Grams, then compare it to a Calorie counter App.

What I would also do with canned Tuna in the past if the sodium is too high, just wash the Tuna and wash away all the sodium.

Back