If I train a muscle every 4 days I’m sore for 2-3 days after. If I train a muscle once a week I’m sore for 5-6 days after. Anyone else like this?

@waterfall123 I’ve been training for 26 years and it happens no matter what my routine is. I do about 6-9 sets per muscle currently which isn’t over training.

Additionally, the more frequently I train a muscle the quicker DOMS ends. If it was overtraining, training more wouldn’t help me like it is.

@jonwalter Hey sorry I just saw this! But that’s not necessarily true. Over training might not feel bad, or as noticeable as one would thing but can still lead to less than optimal results. Training a sore muscles is shown in many cases to help recovery instead of just resting. Now a lot of the science recommends that you never get sore at all. I would recommend trying less volume and just see how you feel.

@jonwalter Not my experience at all. If you are training heavy, and are getting 'older' like you said, maybe think about reducing the weight by 10 to 15% and increasing your reps? To me consistent DOMS for prolonged periods is a sign that you need to do something different for your body.

@tomasjr I’ve had DOMS like this since I was 17 years old. I’m 43 now. It’s always been this way. The only thing that makes the DOMS better is training more frequently.