Is it ok I I don’t do lat pulldown

daka

Hey !

So I started going to the gym a few months ago, and I moved to another city and the 3 gyms there are here are just OVERCROWDED all the time. Really it’s crazy, and it kills my motivation to go to the gym.

A friend just gave me a bench and dumbbells, so I can do almost am exercices except the lat pulldowns for my back…

Do you think it could be problematic, or is there an exercice with dumbbells ? I unfortunately cannot do pull-ups as I am not strong enough.

Thanks !

@daka If you're asking if it's going to be problematic, not particularly. Initially, my response would have been it's not like you have to start working out with pullups or back exercises in your workout. For the first several years, you could get away with not doing back particular exercises, it's like it takes about 5 years just to to know that all the muscles you're able to work are actually strong enough to know that your real training taking training actually seriously really starts kicking in. I just wouldn't say it's problematic, but there's still reason enough to say that it's not like I would say not do them. I don't know what other exercises that you're doing, but if it's on a bench, the back plays a very supportive role in helping you bench, without a strong back you're bench workout will not be able to get as strong as you would have wanted. The lats are a big muscle, big muscles grow faster than smaller ones, and the more muscle you have, the more you're able to build in your whole body, so you just have to remember that you won't be able to build all as much muscle as you would have wanted if you're doing something like ignoring the big muscle groups. I also don't know exactly how effective the lats are at supporting you through other exercises, but the lats don't just pull things down, they can pull towards you from above and the opposite side of the body, it's really quite unique, their main function however is to just stabilize the arm, so you might say they literally help with doing all sorts of exercises.