I don’t understand the direction this sub has taken in the past months.

@darrendance A flair would be helpful. The idea is that people see this sub who are either vegan or are aspiring to be vegan from a contemporary or vegetarian diet, and think shit! I can make the switch and get more fit - look at those gains and those results?!

And not that it isn’t true, but how much did steroids play into sculpting that “all natural, vegan” physique? I don’t have an opinion either way behind folks using steroids and in some instances, I see now that doctors are prescribing them for one reason or another. But if there’s nothing to be ashamed of, and we can argue that it doesn’t take away from being vegan, then a flair or noting that should be encouraged as it is becoming a bigger part of the fitness community in general.

There are folks who will still comment, upvote, and congratulate the results no matter. Also, there are folks who are following similar methods, so can appreciate the gains.

@darrendance I have a lot to say about this but I’ll summarize:

1) being vegan does not equate to being “healthy.” You can be unhealthy by being vegan. Eating a loaf of bread, pasta, and vegan ice cream for every meal will turn your blood type into Rocky Road.

2) without knowing what PEDs someone is on, it’s unfair to assume that they are or are not vegan. There are SOME PEDs that aren’t derived from animal products, albeit there are a good portion that is based off of them.

3) all because you may abuse PEDs doesn’t mean you inject/take a pill and get jacked. It takes SO much effort to get to that level of strength/endurance. If you’re competing or trying to gain clout on social media, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep up with the same tools everyone else has access to.
Is it great? No. Do I recommend it? Hell no. Is it understandable? Sure.

4) that being said, I am NOT a proponent of any PED whatsoever. I know some people come in here and claim they’re vegan but are just plant based. It’s frustrating, yes, and I hear you, agree with you, and support you.

But what the heck do I know. Some random guy on Reddit.

@darrendance Vegan has nothing to do with being natural. If someone wants to compete against the juiced up bodybuilders and show that we can do it the same, you gotta play the game.

I will say though the increased steroid usage OVERALL with lifters is pretty alarming.

@darrendance In this specific sub I haven't seen too many ppl claiming natty who I suspect aren't. I think people underestimate what consistency in your diet and routine/lifestyle can really do for you especially if you're on the younger side. The body is actually pretty amazing and you can do quite a bit when you lift heavy and eat correctly for a good chunk of time. I feel like you see vegans who are getting better results than you and you automatically think they must be juicing.