is it possible to lose 35-45 lbs?

zavia

Hello ladies and gents i am a newcomer and I want to express how i feel about my diet and lifestyle recently and if you guys can give me any tips, that will be well appreciated! i am 165lbs {M} {5,4} Asian 23yr. I have been binged eating not because im hungry, its because i am suffering from depression and a recent deceased of a childhood friend. I feel like total sh*t of myself because I once used to be 137lbs last year and now gain about 30 pounds in these recent months. I am trying to get back on my feet and feel stricter about my body and mind of healthier food choice and lifestyle. I have a cruised set in 2 1/2 months from now and I just want to know, "is it possible to lose 35-45lbs doing intermittent fasting, Cardio, Weightlifting, and daily steps as a delivery driver"? I know what you guys are thinking "My GOODNESS THIS FOOL THINKS HE CAN LOSE 35pounds and at MOST 45! He must be CRAZY" I heard from reddit fitness lifestyle page that it is indeed possible but risky and unsustainable in the long run for health benefits. As long as I know it's possible, I am going to do it or try to achieve close to my goal. I am rushing this weight loss in a reason, my childhood friend families are coming by and reunite with me and visit my deceased friend at his grave, and of course I want to look my very best! Please give me info or insights what would be the best actions to take!

@zavia 35 pounds in 75 days is 3.5 pounds per week. Usually 1 pound per week is considered a reasonable pace. Going 3.5 times as fast is probably not a good idea.

To lose 1 pound, you need a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. 35 pounds = 122500 calories. Over 75 days, that's a calorie deficit of 1600 calories. That's pretty much impossible. You would absolutely hate life and probably develop an eating disorder.

Just 1 or 2 pounds per week takes a lot of discipline and will power. You will have to pare down your diet to the bare minimum, only eat things that provide the nutrition you need to keep going. 2 pounds per week = 7000 calories = a deficit of 1000 calories per day. That's already a lot.

You're better off planning for 1 pound of weight loss per week.