How is it possible for a red-blooded human being to hold a plank for 8 HOURS?? Please enlighten me..

@werby 18 year old girl I worked with did a 3 minute plank for a dare. She did water polo and was fit but I wouldn't categorize her as one of the fittest athletes. It's pretty easy to do them for 5+ minutes long as you keep training it and don't have any injuries or body imbalances. Not that I wasn't impressed, she also apparently has mild scoliosis and held it in a way that I find extremely painful myself.

@abigailhope We did 5 minutes in navy pt regularly in the group training for dive school. If you're already in good shape and have a strong core, 5 minutes isn't something you need to specifically train for, but I think anything significantly longer than that you definitely would.

@sleeeeepy Lol yep they usually don’t even bother with it in a lot of groups unless they’re just using it as punishment. I think deadlifting would be an easy way to progress given the emphasis on a strong hollow body.