Is it possible to eat too much fruit? (Runner, lifter)

@jordan221 I've definitely experienced weeks where I feel like I've had too much fiber (loose stool) but that could've been from a number of factors. I was having A LOT of fruit at the time, but I feel like it varies, like all things, from person to person!

I'd imagine you'd have to have an equivalent of like, 50 bananas a day or something. The only things to keep in mind is your electrolyte balance, but you sound like an experienced fitness person so I'm sure you have those dialed in :)

@jordan221 As long as it's whole fruits and not blended/juices, I don't think there should be any problem at all. If blended, even when you're having all the fruit, some fruits' glycemic index sky rockets.

Edit: the change comes from breaking the insoluble fibers, basically, it's not magic or anything like that. Fewer fiber=faster processing in your gut. You won't die by blending them, but it does happen.

@jb1398 I mean it's not that you "shouldn't", but yeah bananas do have a higher glycemic index when blended lol. From what I've see is a hit or miss, I don't think you'll find a good chart showing which ones will raise or maintain the GI, but a good rule of thumb is to assume they all raise theirs.

One blended banana a day won't kill you though, my grandma is 87 and used to drink 2l of coke a day for years and years, so there's that. If you're really worried about GI for whatever reason, I would recommend to not blend any fruits at all. Personally, I don't care, I think I'd only care if I was diabetic or something like that.