Is it true a small amount of fat is more visible on petite people?

jesusisking1

I am only asking this question because I ( F 21 5’3 128lbs) have 8 lbs left until I reach my gw (120lbs) yet i still have a belly. Im wondering if it is true that as a petite woman those 8 lbs could really change a lot.

@jesusisking1 I look like a different person entirely when +/- 5lbs and I’m 5’1, 5’1.5” if I’m lucky

Fat distribution will impact it all, too, ofc, but is somewhat manageable with exercise/recomp strategies…

but, like, 1000%, weight gains/losses (of fat, at least, since it’s more voluminous per unit mass) that seem marginal to someone of avg height or taller will generally be more drastic on us shorties cuz it dont got no where to go

@ryanjameskirby Yepp, 5’2 (on a good day) and I recently lost 8 lbs as well just from stress and even my face looks different now. My 6 foot friend however has been on a weightloss journey for a while and lost quite a lot, but the difference is so minimal it gets her frustrated sometimes. Petites do have an advantage there but taller people can eat more while still losing weight, so each has their own merits!

@jesusisking1 Yes, it makes a big difference! Taller people don't understand why I get upset about a 5-pound weight gain, they're like "It's only 5 pounds, what's the big deal?"

But I'm only 5'1" so 5-8 pounds actually makes a big difference, visually. Even losing 3 pounds makes a difference. Which I hate, because that means small weight fluctuations can cause my clothes to not fit.

So yes, you will look different after losing 8 more pounds.

@creator123 I feel that about clothes so badly. Currently I'm probably around a stable weight but with very gradual loss still, and it means if I'm bloated even a little some of my trousers are too tight, but if I've eaten "clean" all day the trousers I own end up sliding down my waist and rest on my hips in a very unflattering way. I can't win! I need the space in case I get bloated (I have IBS) but if everything is calm I'm literally an entirely different size. I hate the sensation of belts but I think I have to get used to them. It's absurd.

@marineskok This is why I prefer low-rise jeans (not that you can find those anymore). They rest on your hips, so a little stomach bloating doesn't make a difference. A loose fitting top can hide that. I hate the way mid-rise jeans cut into my stomach.

@creator123 Huh, I'm the opposite because I hate how it feels to have bloat poking out over the top of the edge. I use high waisted jeans because otherwise I feel like I'm in sensory hell if I get bloated and it goes over the edge of the low rise. Mid rise jeans are a scourge on the earth though I agree.

@dawn16 I know, right? It takes at least 2 months of strict calorie deficit and exercise to lose 5 pounds, but I can gain 5 pounds in a week if I'm not careful.

@jesusisking1 Girl, 1 pound is noticeable on me! When I went from 126 to 125 I was like…woah.

I lift though so I have a lot of muscle definition hiding 😂

Yes though - it’s significant on us short girls!

@sweetkf omg I lost three pounds and two people commented on it. I was like YIKES I know I can see the difference but it's actually visible to other people??? :😱:

@sweetkf this gives me a lot of hope! i was getting worried cuz i’m close to my gw but still not loving the results but I guess, like the rest of this journey, give it time lol.

@sweetkf Lol yes!! I’ve lost 2 pounds this past month and the difference in my arms, face, legs and waist is amazing! I only have 5 more pounds until I reach my goal weight, so I expect to be a totally different person by then haha

@jesusisking1 Yes, but posture, muscle tone and GI issues all make a difference. I have very little fat on my stomach, but do have anterior pelvic tilt, weak abs and bad bloating so my stomach still sticks out a lot

Back