Is my workout routine ok, my PT says it is too generic and I should change

@mcutah Thanks for that!
I just find most of the proven programmes miss certain exercise angles (incline, decline…) and aren’t thorough. That’s why i wanted to check. What do you think?

@happyfella0 They are proven plans, which means you don't need to extra crap. Volume compromises gains for newer lifters. So you are taking a tried and true program and making it less effective.

@happyfella0 What are your goals?

Are you reaching that goal so far with this programming?

I will tell you to not make up your own routines. Go with something actually designed by a pro for your specific goals. Additionally I will say just stating exercises without referencing rep ranges and how close to failure they are... doesn't mean much.

I will say you have a lot of volume here if you are doing 3 sets of each exercise. This would be at least an intermediate plan. So meaning... you already have to be a pretty successful lifter for a few years to likely benefit from this programming.

All of that being said, if what you are doing is working, don't change it. If it's not working, change it.

@happyfella0 I like the split, but I feel like you need to focus on the goal of these workouts. Aka, what are you trying to accomplish? What’s the point.

If it’s hypertrophy, you need to focus on contractions. Once you’ve literally mastered active, targeted co tractions on every rep, you can go for more.

If it’s strength, then it’s all about ritual and moving the bars.

If it’s resistance, you need to get creative with how you target desired areas/functions.

Back