Is this a correct way to calculate Calorie Deficit?

revrude

Height - 5'7"

Bodyweight - 68.2 kg

Activity level - 10000 steps everyday and 5-6 days workout

Maintenence calories - 68.2 kg x 2.2 x 15 = 2250.6 (
)

Calories Deficit by 25% = 0.75 x 2250.6 = 1687.95 calories

Protein = 1.8 x body weight = 1.8 x 68.2 = 122.76 grams

My main protein source = 6 eggs (33 grams), two scoop of Avvatar Unflavored Whey (55 grams), One pack Amul Protein Lassi (15 grams), 400 ml Milk (12 gram) and rest is from 2 roti, Dal (10 grams)

Total protein = 33 + 55 + 15 + 12 + 10 = 125 grams****

@revrude Best formula is to start a diet at x amount of calories be it any form/method of calculation.

Follow the diet sincerely for 2 weeks. Check weight everyday(take weekly average) if the trend is going down, continue with the same diet, if not, double check your calories calculation, make sure you’re sleeping well.

Note: If a female is reading this, if you’re near your menstrual cycle then your body weight will increase so keep that in mind.

Okay so if the trend is going up and you made sure you’re doing everything right. Then decrease the deficit.

The calculations and methods are just a base to start off. There is no accurate method of calculating maintenance calories without actual trial and error. So don’t bother with the formulas or methods.

Just start.

@revrude I used various formulas for calorie deficit, but the one which helped most to loose fat was

Calculate your maintiance calories-
Body weight (kg) × 31 to 37 range
  • If you are mostly sedentary (wfh all day on bed) use the lower number
  • If you are very active, use the higher number
  • If you are moderately active, use the number in between
Then reduce 15-25% of your total maintaince calories (that will be your daily calories intake)

Protien- 1.8 per kg of bodyweight

Fats- 30-35% from total calories

Carbs- whatever calories are left

Currently on 15% body fat from 24% in 1.4 years
Going to 10% then lean bulk

@katay I think your method is same too. In mine, I've converted body weight to pounds by multiplying with 2.2, and then multiplied by activity level number (13-16).
In yours, it's directly (2.2 x 13) - (2.2 x 16) = 28.6 - 35.2

@revrude You can just calculate your TDEE instead. Then have a 300-500 range calorie deficit. 25% is not a magic number or anything. 20-25% is a reference range. So it is applicable from small people to big fat giants.

Or just use a online calculator.

@revrude Because they use different formulas. It can't be 100% accurate. But it will be around 99% accurate. A 50-100 variation is okay. Use calculator dot net. Use sedentry option. Let me know what it shows.