Is this a good workout routine?

megalovaniac

I’ve been trying to form the perfect workout consistent routine for me to build tone and lose weight. I’m about 5’6 230lbs - I’m a pretty curvy girl.

From swarming the internet - this is what I’ve come up with.

Monday - Upper body w/ Cardio
Tuesday - lower body/Core w/ cardio
Wednesday - Active Rest Day
Thursday - Upper body/Core w/ cardio
Friday - Lower body w/ cardio
Saturday - REST DAY
Sunday - Full body HIIT w/cardio

My goal is to loose weight quickly but build muscle so I’m not dealing with a bunch of loose skin. I do have an apron belly and it didn’t help after I had a C section.

@megalovaniac Take a look at the Fitness Wiki that is posted by the AutoMod and find a weight training program that seems to be a good fit for you. Running a structured program is going to be far more efficient than trying to program your own workout, particularly as a beginner. These programs are written by professionals to maximize results.

As weight loss goes, that's going to be mostly diet and cutting back calories. Regular exercise is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and well-being, but people do not burn as many calories as they think they do with exercise.

@megalovaniac
I’ve been trying to form the perfect workout consistent routine for me to build tone and lose weight.

Do you mean build muscle? "Tone" is a subjective and therefore relatively meaningless and unhelpful term.

Loosing weight requires you to maintain a caloric deficit, so there's not really such a thing as a routine to lose weight, as whether you lose, maintain or gain weight is entirely based on your caloric intake.

@megalovaniac Hello, here is my advice.

This is the current program you are following :
Monday: Upper + Cardio
Tuesday: Lower+Core
Wednesday: active rest
Thursday: Upper+Core+Cardio
Friday: Lower+Cardio
Saturday: rest
Sunday: HIIT + cardio

This is how I would change it.

Monday : you are fresh. Start with your heaviest lifts.
Squats / Stiff-Legged Deadlifts/ Leg press (The oomph and soul that you put here, provides the input to the body to start building muscles) 2 sets. I'll let you choose the exercise, set and reps it is based on your ability.
Finish with some other complimentary leg exercises like glute ham raises, leg extension etc. That's it for Monday.

Tuesday : cardio. Yesterday you did a heavy workout for legs. Today's cardio will feel off, glutes and quads will be sore. But low intensity cardio like zone 2 walking will actually help with the recovery of legs. + Cardio benefits.

Wednesday : rest. Be active if you want. But no cross country hikes. But if you don't feel sore and feel ready to go, then next week you need to increase load or set or reps for the Monday workout.

Thrusday: Upper weights. Moderate intensity day, do 12-15 reps. Like pull downs for back or chest exercises.

Friday : cardio. You could add in the full body HIIT here.

Sat, Sun: rest.