Looking for a cardio exercise like swimming the backstroke (x-post /r/bodyweightfitness)

@dawn16 Thanks for another quality reply. Bodyweight and kettlebell at home is my approach; I don't have a gym membership. I actually just purchased a set of gymnastic rings and have been looking at some kind of assisted behind the back pull up, but to date have had trouble finding a guide for form.

I like the TGU as a body control and stability exercise, but it doesn't seem to work for me as either a cardio or strength exercise. I've been working on balance beam scales and leg lifts to address ankle stability issues. Stabilizing muscles/tendons/joints become fatigued, and I hobble crazily till I fall off the beam, but overall it doesn't take much out of me. TGU feels similar. This doesn't mean I'm not working the TGU, but I am not focusing on them consistently as they're not quite hitting my goals

@qtpie71 Anytime, I enjoy trying to find solutions to fitness problems like this, Expands my knowledge base and gives my mind something to tinker with besides video games and worry lol.

So have you considered getting a cheap bench? I really think
This excercise could be what you're after. check it out and let me know what you think. There could be better videos out there, this is just the first one i found

Back