Lose body fat and gain some muscle

kolox

Hello,

Code:
     I’ve recently begun a calorie deficit because I wanted to lose some weight and feel more confident about my body. I haven’t weighed myself recently but the last time I checked I was 145lbs and I’m 5’6 (F). I was trying to return back to my usual weight of 120lbs (I had gained it during freshman year of college). I also wanted to gain some muscle too and tone out my arms, legs and waist (even glutes!) I know there aren’t any spot fat reducing methods so I was wondering what kind of weight lifting exercises I should start with? I can’t go to the gym for personal reasons rn but I have access to dumbbells! I live a more or less sedentary life (studying mainly) and haven’t really done much exercise other than the occasional walking. I wasn’t sure how to start making a workout plan and wanted the help of people that are more experienced :)) If you have any advice, suggestions, or anything pls let me know and I’ll jot it down 😌 Thanks in advance 💕

Ps - idk if it matters but I’m also Asian

@kolox You have already done the most important part, the caloric deficit.

The body parts you mention, do you just want them smaller or do you want them firmer?

@dch Thanks!

There’s a bit of fat on them so I was hoping to get them smaller first and then work on toning them afterwards :))

@dinafrancis Oh I see! I apologize I was only using it from what i read in the dictionary “give greater strength or firmness to (the body or a muscle).” I’m still new to fitness so perhaps I used it wrong and it actually doesn’t include muscles. Thanks for the suggestions!

@kolox That sounds like one of those definitions that became a thing cus everyone kept using the word wrong so they went with it.

But I just wanted to clarify since there are many women who will end up saying like "I don't wanna build muscle, just tone it" when that's not how it works at all.

@kolox Great. You are doing good so far. Keep it up. Small steps can all add up. Have you any injuries or anything that might prevent you from doing certain exercises? Reach out if you want some help putting together a workout plan.

@nataliaqueensly Thanks for the words of encouragement!
I don’t have any injuries that I know of haha and if you don’t mind I’d love to talk more about trying to come up with a workout plan 😌🫶