Lower/Upper/Lower for 3 days in a row, and then rest 1, and Upper again, and rest 2. Is it okay?

@sammierose18 You could technically work out every single day depending on the amount of VOLUME you are doing. Assuming you are hitting every body part “hard” on PPL, your legs are definitely not getting enough recovery. You may see progress at first ( especially if your lifting sub body weight) but that will quickly end and eventually you will just be spinning your wheels. Remember, the workout tears the muscle. The off days, nutrition, and rest are what build the muscle.

@sammierose18 My quads are still sore from my Friday lower from just 6 sets of quads (3 squats, 3 leg press). 48 hours isn't enough rest time for lower unless you go low volume or dial down the RPE. On Tuesday I did 3 sets of leg extensions for quads and that's it. And I was fine the next day. But I may not have pushed myself on those leg extensions enough (lower RPE). That was only the second time I've done leg extensions after not doing them for 4 months. So I've been easing myself into it instead of diving right in with a heavier stack. I think just 3 sets of Leg Press at the RPE I do now would leave my quads sore for a couple days.

Back