Thoughts on this Upper/Lower split?

@tony2468 Yup, I think the volume per muscle group is working for me since I have seen progress. In addition, I am using strong app so that I can track my progress. For the RPE, I made a mistake. I go for failure on the last set of the exercise. For the last three weeks, I have been doing the PPL x arnold and I have no problem with it until school demanded more of my time. Now, I am switching back to a 4-day split since this will give me time to dedicate my energy on the days I have to go to school.

@isthaail13 This is a hypertrophy program is it not? Are you measuring muscle group size? More than the numbers, mas mahalaga that you're actually gaining muscle and you can point to a tracking system that you gained something measurable and hindi yung feeling mo lang lumaki ka.

@isthaail13 Bro, I don't recommend going to failure every single sets. I always leave 1 or 2 reps then sa last set ako magfailure. I think may mga redundant exercises ka sa program mo kaya feel mo di na kinakaya ng katawan mo. Ako for example dalawa ang push day ko, yung isa chest dominant then yung isa naman shoulder dominant yung routine. Sa leg day ko naman isang quad dominant then isang hamstring and glutes ang focus. Bawasan mo konti, sa mga press mo kasi toasted na front delts mo tas babanat ka pa ng shoulder press. Ayun payo lang naman. Padayon! 😊

@isthaail13 It's weird to assume that the movements that work for him will work for you. You should dedicate time in the gym to test which movements for each muscle group elicits a high mind muscle connection.. this is something i pointed out sa tanong kanina nainignore mo..

@tony2468 wasn’t assuming anything bro, just wanted to know his split. Well in my opinion, I think I have a good mind muscle connection naman with the exercises. However, I will just follow the links na pinost nung isang redditor and try it. I am not rushing naman and I go to the gym to have fun and not overcomplicate things

@isthaail13 Ngayon kasi super busy ako. So program ko is 2x na PPL. Pero di siya nakafix sa loob ng 7 days. Tatapusin ko yung unang ppl ko within 3 days tas rest ako 1 or 2 days then ppl ulit then repeat lang. Medyo nilalaro laro ko kasi yung routine ko para di ako mainip. Haha. Ganito sample ng pagstructure ko: Push 1 ko chest focused, inclined bench, flat bench, dips or low cable fly, db lateral raise then skull crushers and cable pushdowns for triceps. depende sa pakiramdam ko. Then push 2 would be flat bench, inclined bench, military press, cable lateral raise, closed grip bench press, cable push down. I do 1 warmup set tas 2 or 3 actual sets depende sa pakiramdam ko minsan kasi pagod or puyat. Haha. Yung reps ko naman nakadepende siya sa muscle group. Usually 6-8 ako sa major then 12-15 sa small muscle groups.

Check mo si athlean-x sa youtube tas si jpgcoaching sa tiktok. Sa kanila ako kumukuha ng tips and ideas. 🥳

@epalinn
athlean-x sa youtube tas si jpgcoaching sa tiktok.

Athlean x is bad. He's a joke in the training and lifting community and is one main example why the fitness industry is full of made up info based on nothing. This needed to be pointed out. Fake weights, old to bad to horrible info mixed in with some good. It takes experience to be able to tell.

Back