M/60/5'10" [292lb>151lb = 141 pounds] Two years can change your life!

spamdetector

Facing my 60th birthday, I started on Aug. 20, 2020, on a path to better health: Food logging, 16/8 intermittent fasting, strict CICO, and more than a bit of mindfulness. I did not become a gym rat — I learned that constant exercise to lose weight has limits (you stop eventually due to accident, injury, or a host of other reasons). I lost weight by changing my relationship with food, and portion control (on average, we are horrible at estimating portions). Key takeaway: Food is not the enemy!

https://preview.redd.it/z3e543b2hza...bp&s=ceece837b8eee5d0afac1c8e6c1364f4cf8095c3

@roberto1820 It's not what you eat, it's when, where and (more importantly) why? You can eat anything you want in the appropriate amounts. Portion control is one of the most important things to any weight loss effort. A three-legged stool: Portions, food logging and mindfulness. At least that is how I did it. Ate anything I wanted and lost 140 lbs. It can be done.

@spamdetector Would you mind discussing a bit more your method of changing your relationship with food?

Also, were you weighing your food/portions in order to not over eat?

I’m struggling right now. I really want to be where you are, but just cannot seem to make it past a month of fasting, just because I seem to end up just wanting some of the junk food I “used to eat” and then it gets away from me and it becomes a week of it.

Edit: Finally, what does your mindfulness practice look like? Daily meditation?