Meal prepping and bodybuilding

@dawn16 I don't think there's like a tutorial out there, you just learn about nutrition and apply it. The easiest way you can start with it is focusing on the simple 3 part dishes: meat with a side of veggies and a side of carbs. So using the meat as an example, instead of making a lot of a single piece of meat you cook a little of everything, chicken, beef, pork and fish. Then you say well, if you have 2 meals per day that you're going to prep like that, then you need 14 sides of meat, so you prep ~4 sides of each. Then you rotate: day 1 meal 1 has beef, meal 2 has fish, day 2 meal 1 has pork, meal 2 has chicken, and so on. You do the same with the veggies and the carbs. So you prep all one day, for me it's Sunday, and store each group separately. Then when you have to eat, you choose a side of each group, put it in a plate, and to the microwave. It doesn't even have to be a perfect rotation, you eat what you feel like eating but ensuring a variation trend.

@niecey85 I mean, his diet includes a lot more variety than a typical American diet, so I think it actually hits what their recommendation is shooting for.

It has grains, rice, green vegetables, legumes, lentils, squashes, tubers, fruit, dairy, eggs, poultry, fish, beef, whey protein, etc.

The only things that I can even think of to add are some other coloured veg like carrots, maybe a larger amount of low-mercury fish like salmon, some nuts and berries. But I don't think omitting those would lead to anything of much consequence provided that what's listed is eaten in sufficient quantity.

@karab Yep, that's what every nutrition expert has always said for the past 20 years you know, "pick a couple of some groups, then eat always the same every day, even repeating foods in the same day". So don't listen to me.

@niecey85 When you strip the context away, you turn a good point into an appeal to authority.

They're saying that in order to encourage eating varied foods because people will and do eat nothing but rice, chicken and broccoli. He is eating varied foods, it's just varied more (though, not entirely) intra-day instead of inter-day, which could give the illusion that it's not varied.

Otherwise, what's missing? Be specific. Cause as best I can see, outside of what I've stated above, the only extra variation he could add is swapping ingredients for like items e.g. broccoli for Brussels sprouts.