Need tips for healthy weight gain

mariahwmfc

Turned vegan roughly 8 months ago and it’s been a 95% good experience. I feel better. Digestive problems I’ve had for years are much better. Only downside is I’ve lost 12 lbs, which is a lot considering I started at 145 (5’9 male). Friends and family are concerned about my health now more than ever ironically.

First thing is first, and I want to continue being healthy and feeling this good, but I’d love to gain some weight back so I don’t look like a twig. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

@mariahwmfc Maybe trying adding some more healthy fats like peanut butter and avocado? Peanut butter is pretty calorie dense.

Have you tried tracking your calories? You're probably eating a lot less than you were because of all the fibre so this could help you see where you can add in extra calories. You could do this for just a short time if you'd like so then you have a guideline when you're planning your food when not tracking.

@mariahwmfc If you’re looking to gain weight you need to be in a caloric surplus (eating more calories than you’re burning). I’d recommend google searching a TDEE calculator and find your maintenance calories. Then eat 200-500 more calories than that everyday in order to gain weight. I had the same issue with losing weight when I first went vegan but once I started tracking calories and being in a caloric surplus I gained all that I lost and then some

Back